How can I cancel email notifications?
Open Settings, then scroll down and touch "Accounts & Sync" under PERSONAL. If the account has an email icon next to its name, touch its name, then "Account settings". Select the email account desired, then scroll down and uncheck the box next to "Email notifications". If instead of an email icon it had a Google icon next to it, remove the account, add it again choosing Email instead of Google, then perform the steps above.
How can I set up speed dial?
Open the dial pad (the "Phone" application") and touch the Menu key at the bottom right of the phone. Touch "Settings", then "Speed dial". Choose a key, then enter a number or touch the contact icon and select a contact from the address book. When you press OK, that number will be assigned to that key for speed dialing.
How can I add and delete contacts in the Favorites list?
Open the People application. Open a contact that you wish to add to your Favorites list and touch the star at the top right corner of the screen. This adds it to the list. To remove from the Favorites list, open People, touch the star at the top right of the screen to open the Favorites list, touch the contact you wish to remove, then touch the star at the top right of the screen to remove it from the list.
How can I move or delete the icons on the home screen?
Touch and hold an icon until you feel a small vibration and the Remove icon appears at the top of the screen. You can drag the icon to another location on the screen or to another screen and drop it to relocate it, or you can drop it onto the Remove icon to delete it.
How can I back up and restore contacts on the phone?
Here are two ways:
1. You can Import/Export between the internal phone memory and the SD card. In People (contacts), touch the menu key at the bottom right of the phone, touch "Import/export", then choose to export to or import from the SD card.
2. You can sync with your internet Gmail account. Touch the menu key at the lower right of the phone, touch "System settings", then scroll down and touch "Backup & Reset" under PERSONAL. Put a check in the box for "Backup my data". If you haven't already set up your phone with your Gmail account or you don't already have an account, choose Gmail on the applications screen and follow the prompts.
Can I back up my data?
Yes, you can do this with your Gmail account or with third party software. If you already set up your phone with your Gmail account, open Settings and scroll down to PERSONAL, then touch "Backup & Reset". Put a check in the box for "Backup my data". If you haven't already set up your phone with your Gmail account or you don't already have an account, choose Gmail on the applications screen and follow the prompts. You can look to see what your Gmail account is already set to back up by opening Settings, scroll down and choose "Accounts & sync" under PERSONAL, then touch the specific account. For third party software, contact your software supplier for more details.
How can I install applications onto my phone?
As the Android operating system is an open-source operating system, you can directly search for and download compatible applications that you want from the Play Store application.
How can I install applications onto the SD card?
There are two ways to install applications to the SD card:
1. First install an application from the Play Store. Its installation directory will be in phone memory. Move the application to the SD card by going to Settings, touch "Apps" under DEVICE, touch the newly installed application, then touch "Move to SD card".
2. You can install applications directly to the SD card using third party software.
Note 1: Not all applications can be moved to the SD card.
Note 2: After it has been moved, there will still be a few program files left in the ROM of the phone.
Note 3: Regarding third party PC software, please contact your software supplier for more details.
How can I install applications from computer to phone?
To install applications from a computer to your phone (including MicroSD card), you can use the following methods:
1.Copy the application that you want to install to the MicroSD card (.apk format), then open File Manager to find it and run the application by tapping on its name.
2. You can install applications through third party PC software (contact your software supplier for more details). After connecting the phone to the computer and the phone is detected by the PC software, you can directly install the application.
How can I uninstall an application?
Open Settings, then touch "Apps" under DEVICE. Touch the application that you want to delete, then touch "Uninstall". Please note that default applications cannot be uninstalled.
How can I delete the browsing history?
In Browser, touch the menu key at the bottom right corner of the phone to bring up a menu. Touch "Settings", then "Privacy and security", and then "Clear history" to delete the browsing history.