Axon Passport 2.0 Service Policy (US Market Only):
1. Limited Warranty for U.S.
ZTE (USA) INC. (“ZTEUSA”) warrants to the original end-user purchaser that the AXON devices will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of 2 years from date of purchase with proof of purchase; or from the manufacturing date if no proof of purchase is available (the “Warranty Period”). This Limited Warranty is not transferable by you. If you discover your device is defective, please contact the ZTEUSA hotline 1-800-617-5065 regarding troubleshooting and for directions on how to return your device for service.
2. Advance Exchange Option
ZTEUSA also provides the option of an “Advance Exchange” Option to minimize the amount of time you will be without your device when seeking repairs. If you choose this option, we will ship a replacement unit to you in advance provided you supply your credit card information to the ZTEUSA hotline representative and the representative confirms your device is within warranty. Under the Advance Exchange Program, your warranty-covered device must be returned to the ZTEUSA designated service provider within 25 days of your request for an Advance Exchange or you will be charged for the additional device provided to you. The original Warranty Period continues to apply regardless when an Advance Exchange has been made and applies to any replacement unit provided if the original device is not returned to ZTEUSA: The Warranty Period does not start over with your receipt of a replacement or repaired device.By selecting the Advance Exchange Option, you agree to and accept these Terms and Conditions.
- The Advance Exchange Option is available only to residential addresses in the United States (no commercial addresses or P.O. boxes are eligible; U.S. territories and possessions excluded). ZTEUSA is responsible for shipping the Replacement Device and will be liable for any loss or damage to the Replacement Device while in transit to you. Upon delivery to your designated location, you agree that ZTEUSA shall not be liable for any loss or damage to the Replacement Device. The Replacement Device becomes your property upon delivery to your designated location.
- You agree to the fees and payment terms set forth below, and you authorize ZTEUSA or its authorized agents to charge the Credit Card (as defined below) or any other payment method that ZTEUSA maintains on file for you for such fees.
- Payment Terms. ZTEUSA accepts U.S. VISA, MasterCard, and Discover credit cards. By requesting the Advance Exchange Option, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to use the designated credit card (the “Credit Card”) and authorize ZTEUSA to charge any fees set forth in these Terms and Conditions to the Credit Card. If the card cannot be verified, is not a U.S. credit card, is invalid or is otherwise not acceptable, you will not be eligible to participate in the Advance Exchange Option.
- Deposit Authorization. By choosing to participate in the Advance Exchange Option and agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you authorize ZTEUSA to place an authorization hold charge on your Credit Card as a deposit in the amount of the full value of the Replacement Device pursuant to these Terms and Conditions. These funds will not be available for your use.
- Full Replacement Value. In the event (i) you fail to ship your Original Device within twenty five (25) calendar days of the shipment date of the Replacement Device, (ii) your Original Device is out of the warranty period at the time that it is shipped, or (iii) your Original Device is otherwise ineligible for any type of repair (in warranty or out of warranty), or the full cost of repairs exceeds the value of the Replacement Device, you authorize ZTEUSA to charge your Credit Card the full value of the Replacement Device.
- Repair Cost. If your Original Device requires out of warranty repairs, you will be charged automatically for the full cost of such repairs, up to the full value of the Replacement Device.
- Late Return. If you ship your Original Device to ZTEUSA more than twenty five (25) calendar days after the shipment date of the Replacement Device, ZTEUSA will return your Original Device to you in its current state, without repair or diagnosis.
- Taxes. All charges described herein exclude applicable taxes. You authorize ZTEUSA to charge your Credit Card for applicable taxes related to the amounts set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
During the full two years Warranty Period, the ZTEUSA hotline will provide free two-way shipping of the Advanced Exchange and returned devices, provided your device is confirmed to have defects in materials and workmanship covered by the Limited Warranty. A return shipping label will be provided with the Advanced Exchange unit. To facilitate service, please keep the original packaging in which the Advanced Exchange unit was delivered and use it for the return of the device. Using the supplied shipping label, you can drop the device off at a Fed Ex location and use one of their free boxes. An additional fee of $10 will be charged for overnight shipping requests.
3. AXON Set Up Service
The AXON family devices now come with a free–of-charge “set up” assistance program. An in-box insert will detail the registration process and how to request the “set up” service. Upon Customer Care’s receipt of the set up request, ZTEUSA will call you to ensure the proper set up of the device is performed, answer any questions about the features and functionality, and insure the transfer is done with no issues.
4. Upgrade Assistance
Upgrade assistance applies to any current ZTEUSA unlocked device toward the purchase of any new device in the ZTE AXON product family. Consumers must provide proof of purchase of the current ZTEUSA device to be eligible. Graduated discounts of up to $100 off (before taxes) the MSRP are offered, depending on the model of the current device. Consumers also must provide the IMEI of the current device to verify ownership; and must provide the valid promo code. Promo codes will be emailed to consumer for purchases made on the zteusa.com website.
5. Replacement Assistance
For registered AXON purchasers domiciled within the United States and, when traveling outside the United States, lose their phone, have it stolen, or encounter defects covered under the Limited Warranty ZTEUSA will reimburse them, up to $100 for the purchase of a new ZTE device acquired, depending upon the original purchase price of the phone, outside the United States as shown below:
- <$50 - receive a $50 gift card
- $50 - $100 - receive a $75 gift card
- >$100 - receive a $100 gift card
An Axon purchaser who encounters problems outside the United States should call their Carrier provider for initial assistance. If further assistance is necessary, call ZTE USA Customer Service (1-800-617-5065) or Live Chat. A Customer Service Representative (CSR) will issue a claim number for eligible devices and approve customer’s purchase of a ZTEUSA device. Upon purchase, ZTEUSA will provide an electronic gift card for their proof of purchase up to $100.00 (USD).
6. Return policy
If you discover your AXON device is defective within the first 30 days from your order date, please contact the ZTEUSA hotline at 1-800-617-5065 regarding the return of your device for a refund. You should expect to receive your refund within 15 working days after receipt of your device at the designated ZTEUSA service provider. Your refund will be provided using the same payment method that you used for your purchase of the returned device. The 30 Day return policy applies only to phones purchased directly from zteusa.com. Proof or confirmation of direct purchase required. Phones purchased from other sources are subject to the return policies of the retail seller. Retailer return policies may vary. All sales package contents and accessories must be free from customer abuse and returned in the original product packaging. ZTEUSA will provide a free-shipping label for the return of your defective device. If the return reason is not result of a product defect in materials and workmanship, such as Buyer’s Remorse return, the customer is responsible for the return shipping cost.
7. Premium Protection Plan
ZTEUSA provides a free–of-charge Premium Protection Plan with the purchase of every AXON device. This means there are no insurance premiums or monthly fees. The only cost to the consumer will be a deductible charge of only $79.99 USD for each claim. The Premium Protection Plan covers incidental consumer damages related to handling issues such as an accidental drop, minimal liquid exposure, or overuse conditions (i.e. cracked LCD, some forms of water ingress, USB connector damage, etc.). Intentional damage and misuse are not covered. The coverage period for the Premium Protection Plan is twenty four (24) months from the original date of purchase. Policy coverage only applies to the original purchaser and is not transferrable to others. Please refer to the Premium Protection Plan for further details.
8. Warranty Exclusions and Limitations
This Limited Warranty does not apply (as determined by ZTEUSA) to the following circumstances and conditions:.
- To devices that are beyond the Product’s Warranty Period.
- If the serial number is altered, damaged defaced, or otherwise not clearly legible.
- If the warranty label or sealed label is removed, altered, damaged, defaced, or otherwise not clearly legible.
- If the device was opened, modified, services, or repaired by anyone not authorized by ZTEUSA.
- To a device physically damaged by misuse or operation outside the applicable installation or user guide or other standard end user documentation prepared and supplied by ZTEUSA, including any safety and operation instructions.
- Damage caused by and/or resulting from misuse, moisture or liquids, proximity or exposure to heat, accident, abuse, altitude, irregular electric current or voltage, neglect, or misapplication.
- To consumable parts of the device, such as battery and protective coatings, which may diminish over time with normal usage, unless such damage was caused by a defect in materials or workmanship?
- If you are unable to provide valid proof of purchase evidencing that you are the original, registered purchaser of the device, including date and source of original purchase.
- If the device (i) has been used in conjunction with and/or connected with an accessories, products, services, software, applications, or ancillary or peripheral equipment not expressly approved or provided by ZTEUSA, specifically for use with the particular device or (ii) if any otherwise approved or supplied accessories, products, services, software, applications, or ancillary or peripheral equipment has been used in an unapproved, unauthorized, or inappropriate manner.
- Damage caused by usage of pirated, improper or unauthorized software or improper settings of the any software by end user which is not downloaded from ZTEUSA’s or Retailer’s official website.
- Damage caused by computer virus or any other form of malicious or intrusive software or other file.
- Damage caused by the end user’s forgetting either his password or a decryption method set by the end user himself.
- Other damage which is not caused by defects in design, manufacture, or technology of the device.
- If no warrantable defect can be verified by the ZTEUSA (No Fault Found).
- To other than the hardware of the device. This Limited Warranty does not cover any software shipped, pre-loaded, or distributed by ZTEUSA or any third party, even if the software is packaged or sold with the device or subsequently available for the device. As applicable, software license agreements are described in the provided materials.
- To normal wear and tear to the device.
9. Data Backup
You should regularly backup the data, software, applications, photographs, and information on your device as a safeguard against possible loss of data due to operational issues or malfunctions, including prior to return of the device for service. It is your responsibility to backup data on the device – not the responsibility of ZTE, the retail seller, or an authorized service provider. REMOVE any added memory, peripherals, and all confidential and personal information prior to returning your device for service. BE ADVISED: During service, repair or replacement of the device, it is possible that content on the device may be deleted, reformatted, reconfigured, or otherwise altered; and that added memory or peripherals may be removed and not returned to you. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER BACKUP, RECOVERY, OR REINSTALLATION OF YOUR DATA, SOFTWARE, OR APPLICATIONS.
10. Purchaser Cooperation and Non-Warranty Items
When contacting ZTE or an authorized service provider, you may be required to assist in diagnosing any problems with your device. You may also be required to provide information regarding the date and location of original purchase; and proof of purchase evidencing that you are the original purchaser of the device. IF YOUR DEVICE IS RETURNED DURING THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD BUT YOUR DEVICE IS NOT COVERED UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, TERMS AND CHARGES MAY APPLY FOR ANY REPAIRS MADE OR PROCESSING PERFORMED.
11. Exclusive Remedies
EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED BY LAW (INCLUDING IF YOU HAVE CONSUMER RIGHTS IN ADDITION TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY), THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SETS OUT YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR YOUR AXON DEVICE AND ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY, AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICLAR PURPOSE ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND SHALL NOT APPLY OR HAVE ANY EFFECT.
12. Limitation of Liability
EXCEPT TO THE EXENT EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED BY LAW (INCLUDING IF YOU HAVE CONSUMER RIGHTS IN ADDITION TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY), IN NO EVENT SHALL ZTE OR ANYONE ACTING IN BEHALF OF OR WITH ZTE (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IN RELATION TO THE MANUFACTURE, SUPPLY, DISTRIBUTION, SALE, REPAIR OR RETURN OF THE AXON DEVICE) BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF INFORMATION (INCLUDING DATA) OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE AXON DEVICE, EVEN IF ZTE OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY ACTING IN BEHALF OF OR WITH ZTE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION IS INTENDED TO APPLY AND DOES APPLY WITHOUT REGARD TO WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE CLAIMED, ASSERTED, OR BROUGHT IN A LEGAL ACTION OR CLAIM IN TORT, CONTRACT, WARRANTY, OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY OR CAUSE OF ACTION. THE LIABILITY OF ZTE AND ANY PERSON OR ENTITY ACTING IN BEHALF OF OR WITH ZTE TO YOU FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT EXCEED IN AGGREGATE THE NET PURCHASE PRICE YOU PAID FOR THE AXON DEVICE OR THE COST OF REPLACING THE AXON DEVICE, WHICHEVER IS GREATER. The foregoing Limitation shall not in any way restrict liability in relation to death, bodily injury, or statutory liability for acts or omissions constituting intentional or gross negligence.
13. Dispute Resolution and Governing Law
ANY DISAGREEMENT OR DISPUTE ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE SETTLED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RULES OF ARBITRATION IN THE STATE OF TEXAS, USA, AND SHALL BE ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION. THE PLACE OF ARBITRATION SHALL BE IN COLLIN COUNTY, TEXAS AND THE ARBITRATION SHALL BE CONDUCTED IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE. THE NUMBER OF ARBITRATORS SHALL BE ONE (1) AND THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE APPOINTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE SAID ARBITRATION RULES. ALL MATTERS RELATING TO ANY ARBITRATION UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE HELD IN STRICTEST CONFIDENCE TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW. NO DISPUTE BETWEEN THE PARTIES OR INVOLVING ANY PERSON BUT YOU MAY BE BE JOINED OR COMBINED TOGETHER, WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT OF ZTE. This Limited Warranty shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas and You consent to arbitration located in Collin County, Texas, USA in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association.
15. Miscellaneous Provisions
In the event of any conflict between this Limited Warranty and any other warranty provided to you, including without limitation, in the packaging of the Axon Device, the terms of this Limited Warranty shall control to the extent of such conflict. If any term, condition, or provision of this Limited Warranty is held to be void, illegal, or unenforceable, the validity or enforceability of the remainder of such terms, conditions, or provisions will not be affected.