How to make a Voice Call
- In standby mode, enter a phone number.
- Press the Send Key to call the number.
How to use the Address Book
- From idle mode, select Menu > Address Book.
- Highlight a contact and press the Send Key to call the contact.
The Introduction of the Call Options
During a call, you can press the Left Soft Key for more options. The options vary depending on the functions you are currently using.
Hold/Unhold: Put the current call on hold or retrieve the call.
End call: End the current call.
Record: Record the current call. Press the OK Key to stop recording.
DTMF off/on: Enable or disable the sending of the DTMF tones.
Message: Switch to the Messaging menu during a call.
Contacts: Switch to the Address Book menu during a call.
Browser: Browse the Internet during a call.
How to receive Calls
When a voice call comes in, press the Send Key to answer the call. Press the OK Key to answer the call with the speaker phone on.
Tip: If you have connected a headset to the phone, you can press the button on the headset to answer the call.
How to enter the Call History
From idle mode, press the Send Key to check the All calls log.
How to add Contacts
You can store contacts with a variety of phone and fax numbers and additional address details.
The phone can store up to 500 items. The capacity of the phone book on your SIM card depends on the type of SIM card provided by your service provider. The saved location is identified by the icon shown before the contacts.
- Select Menu > Address Book > Left Soft Key [Options] > Add New Contact, and press the OK Key [Select].
- Enter the information of contact, such as name, number, and so on.
- Press the Left Soft Key [Save] to save the new contact.
What about AT&T Address Book and how to activate it?
AT&T Address Book automatically synchronizes your contacts between your phone and online address book. This means that you can easily restore contact information if you ever upgrade, damage, or lose your phone.
To Activate AT&T Address Book:
Follow the prompts that are shown the first time you open the address book on your phone, or manually activate from your contact list via Options > Settings > AT&T Address Book.
Manage Your Contacts Online: Visit http://att.com/addressbook
- Add or edit contacts
- Import contacts from other address books
- Add contacts from Yellowpages.com
- Find maps and directions for contacts
- Send text messages to contacts or groups
How to search Contacts
Eg: To search “John”, press the 5 Key once for ‘j’. All names starting with ‘J’ or ‘j’ are displayed.
- Select Menu > Address Book to view all the contacts on your phone.
- Enter a letter, and then the phone will show all the contacts starting with such a letter.
Eg: ‘Jn’ will find ‘John’ and ‘Julian’, but not ‘James’.
- Refine the search by entering a subsequent letter that can occur anywhere in the name.
How to set Speed Dial
- In standby mode, press Menu > Address Book.
- Use the Navigation Keys to select a contact, press the Left Soft Key [Options] and select Set as speed dial.
- Press the Up Key or Down Key to select an empty slot.
- Press the OK Key [Assign] to finish.
- Press the Right Soft Key [Back] to return to the previous menu. Or press the End Key to return to the idle screen.
How to make a Speed Dial
Note: The 1 Key is reserved for the Voicemail service.
- In standby mode, press and hold the corresponding number key (2 to 9) in the speed dial list to make the call.
- Press the End Key to end the call.
The introduction of Address Book Entry Options
Call: Call the highlighted contact.
Add new contact: Create a new contact.
Send message: Send SMS or MMS messages to this contact.
Edit contact: Edit this contact information.
Delete contact: Delete this contact.
Share contact info: Send this contact as a business card via MMS message.
Add to: Add this contact to a group: Family, Friends, or Work.
Add new group: Create a new group.
Set as speed dial: Set speed dial for this contact.
a) AT&T Address Book: Access the AT&T service to synchronize your contacts between your phone and online address book.
b) SIM management: Copy contacts to or from the SIM card, or delete contacts from the SIM card.
c) Delete multiple: Delete a batch of contacts.
d) Speed dial: View and edit the speed dials list.
e) Name Display: Choose the way how name is displayed, which can be First & Last or Last & First.
f) Contact list: Choose to Display all, Contacts, or Yellow Cards only.
g) About: View the information of your AT&T address book.
- From idle mode, select Menu > Address Book.
- Scroll to the desired contact and press the Left Soft Key for more options:
What types of messages does Z331 have?
Your phone provides the following message types:
The Short Message Service (SMS) lets you send and receive text messages to and from other mobile phones and email addresses. To use this feature, you may need to subscribe to your service provider’s message service.
The Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) lets you send and receive multimedia messages (such as picture messages) to and from other mobile phones and email addresses. To use this feature, you may need to subscribe to your service provider’s multimedia message service.
The AT&T Instant Messaging lets you chat in real time using your favorite instant messaging provider, such as AIM, Yahoo! Messenger, or Windows Live Messenger.
- Text Messages(SMS)
- Multimedia (Picture)Messages(MMS)
- Instant Messages(IMs)
How to send a New SMS Message
Select Left Soft Key > Templates/My words to insert pre-set message or my words.
- Select Menu > Messages > Messages > New message > Text message, and press the OK Key [Select].
- Enter the recipient(s) party’s number. (Or Press the OK Key [Contacts] to choose the recipient(s) from Directory.)
- Press the Down Key twice to the text field.
- Edit the message.
- Press the OK Key [Send] to send the message.
How to send a New MMS Message
- Select Menu > Messages > Messages > New message > Multimedia message, and press the OK Key [Select].
- Enter the recipient’s number. Or press the OK Key [Contacts] to choose the recipient(s).
- Press the Down Key twice to access the Title field.
- Enter the title of your MMS message.
- Press the Down Key to the text field.
- Edit the message. Press the OK Key [Insert] to insert the image, audio, or video.
- Press the Left Soft Key [Options] and select Send to send your message.
How to view a Message
Themessageenvelope icon will appear on the information bar to identify you that you have received a new message.Press the OK Key twice to view the message.
Or from idle mode, select Menu > Messaging > Inbox to check your messages.
How to set the Voice Mail
From idle mode, select Menu > Messaging > Settings > Voicemail number to check the voicemail number. Your voicemail phone number is preset by your service provider. You do not need to set it manually.
How to receive a Voice Mail
When the system sends you a message notifying you that there is a new voicemail, from idle mode, hold the 1 Key to access the voicemail service.
The introduction of the Message Folders
- The Inbox folder contains all of your received messages. In this folder you can view your received messages and reply to them or forward messages to another recipient.
- The Outbox folder contains all messages that were not sent during the last attempt. In this folder you can edit or resend your messages.
- The Sent folder contains messages that were sent successfully. From this folder you can edit or forward messages to another recipient.
- The Drafts folder contains drafts and unfinished messages. In this folder you can complete or resend your messages.
- Youcannot receive new messages ifthe message memory is full.
- Thetotalamount ofspace available for saving messages is determined by the space available on the phone and SIM card.
The introduction of the Message Options
While viewing the contents of the Inbox, press the Left Soft Key to access the following options, which apply to the highlighted text message:
- Reply: Reply to the message.
- Call Sender: Call back the originator of the message.
- Save number: Save the originator’s number to your Address Book.
- Delete: Delete this message.
- Lock/Unlock: When the message is locked, you will not be able to delete it.
- Forward: Forward this message.
- Sort: Select to sort the messages by time or read/unread.
The introduction of the Message Settings
From idle mode, select Menu > Messaging > Settings to change the MMS/SMS/ Templates settings.
Retrieval Settings: You have two choices:
①．Automatic: Retrieve the new multimedia message automatically without selecting the notification message and receiving.
②．Manual: Retrieve the new multimedia message manually.
- MMS Settings (Multi. msg. setting)
- Time per page: Set the play time of each page.
- Anonymous Msg.: You can choose to accept or refuse anonymous messages.
- Connections: Please consult the service operator for detailed information.
- PUSH Message: You can accept or reject PUSH messages.
- SMS Settings (Text msg. setting)
- SMS center number: Service center number given to you by your service provider.
- Template Setting(The phone has 10 templates for SMS/MMS, and you can edit them.)
How to use the Message Templates
- From idle mode, select Menu > Messaging > Create message.
- Move to the Text field and select Options > Template.
- Select a template and press the OK Key to insert the template.
How to Use the Instant Messaging functions
The ATT instant messaging service can enable you to chat in real time using your favorite instant messaging provider, such as AIM, Yahoo! Messenger, or Windows Live Messenger.
By using this service, you can stay connected with your wireless phone.
- In standby mode, select Menu > Email&IM > IM or Menu > Messaging > IM.
- Select the name of your instant messaging provider, and then press OK. The remaining steps will vary slightly for each provider (Eg. Windows Live Messenger).
- Select the screen e-mail domain field and choose your correct e-mail domain.
- Select the E-mail address field and enter your email address using the keypad.
- Select the password field and enter your password.
- Move down by using the Navigation Key and press the Sign In button to sign in to your messager account.
- After sign in, select the name of a contact who is currently online.
- Enter your message, and then press Send.
How to Use the Mobile Email functions
The mobile Email function could Carry your email inbox in your pocket! With Mobile Email 3.0*, you can access numerous providers, including AT&T, AOL, Yahoo!, Gmail™, AIM, and Windows Live™.
- In standby mode, select Menu > Messaging > Mobile Email or Menu > Email&IM > Mobile Email.
- Select the name of your email provider. The steps that follow will vary depending on your provider.
- When you select Other Providers, you may be asked to accept terms of service and/or to select your email domain. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Enter your email address and password (Yahoo! Mail for example).
- Press Sign In.
- After successful login, you will be able to view all the emails in your inbox. Select an email and press Read to read it; press Options for more operations.
How to use the att.net Homepage?
The att.net homepage features three tabs, which you can access by scrolling left or right with the Navigation Key:
- Web: enter a web address; search the Internet with Yahoo!®; use, add, or manage shortcuts; view social networks; find movie information and buy tickets; and access your account.
- Local: set your location, search locally, see maps and traffic, find movie showtimes, get local information, check the weather, and see local news updates.
- Popular: get the latest updates on news, finance, sports, entertainment, and more; use email, instant messaging, and social networking.
How to visit a Website
Mobile Web options:
- From the att.net homepage, press down on the Navigation Key to highlight the address bar and press the OK Key.
- Enter a web address and press the OK Key.
- To access a link on a website, scroll to it using the Navigation Key and press the OK Key.
- Home: return to the att.net homepage.
- Go to URL: enter a new web address.
- Go to Search: enter search terms.
- History: view your web browsing history.
- Go to Bookmarks: access your list of favorite sites.
- Add to Bookmarks: add a site to your list of favorites.
- Reload: reload the current page.
- Find in Page: search the page for a term.
- Settings: adjust browser settings.
- Help: find help and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Exit: exit the web browser.
The introduction of the Alarm in Tools
This feature allows you to set an alarm to ring at a specific time.
Alarm Time: Set as required
Alarm Type: Daily, Workday, Weekly, Once
Snooze: Off, 5, 10, 15, 30 minutes
Ringtone Type: ATT tone.mid, select Edit to change
Alarm Remark: Optional
Tips:If the alarm time has passed, it cannot be saved. Even if the phone is turned off,the alarm will automatically turn the phone back on so that it can ring.
- From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Tools > Alarm.
- Press the OK Key for Edit and configure the alarm as required using the Alarm Setup Screen:
The introduction of the Calendar
With this feature, you can use the calendar, set appointments, and view events.
a) New: Add a meeting, memo, or anniversary.
b) Week view: View the schedule of the current week.
c) Go to date: Enter a date and view the scheduled events of that day.
d) Delete entry: You can choose to delete entries On this day, Before date, or All entries.
e) Settings: You can set the Calendar alarm tone, Default view, and Week starts on.
f) Memory Info: Shows the current memory usage.
- From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Tools > Calendar.
- Press the Left Soft Key for Options to access the following:
The introduction of the Calculator
With this feature, you can use the phone as a calculator. The calculator provides the basic arithmetic functions; addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Tips:Press the Clear & Back Key to clear digits and results. Press the* Key to toggle the number between positive and negative.Press the# Key to enter a decimal point.
- From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Tools > Calculator.
- Enter the first number using the Number Keys.
- Enter the operation for your calculation by pressing up, down, left, or right on the Navigation Key.
- Enter the second number.
- Press the OK Key for Equal to view the result.
The introduction of the Tip Calculator
With this feature, it will be easy to calculate the tip or determine how much each person should pay in your group.
- From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Tools > Tip Calculator.
- Enter the total bill by using the Number Keys.
- Type the tip amount (in percentage) you would like to leave.
- If the cost is shared by more than one people, please enter the number of the people into the split field.
- At bottom of the calculator, the amount you need to pay will be displayed.
The introduction of the Stopwatch
With this feature, you can measure time and take split times or lap times, for example, in different sports.
- From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Tools > Stopwatch.
- Select Start to start timing.
- Select Stop to stop the timing during the operation and view the duration of time.
- Select Contin. to continue timing.
- Select Reset to reset the stopwatch.
The introduction of the World Time
With this feature, you can check the current local time and date for major cities around the world.
- From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Tools > World time.
- Press left or right on the Navigation Key to view the time of desired city.
- Press the OK Key to save the selected city time as the time setting on your phone.
- Press the Right Soft Key to exit
The introduction of the Currency Conversion
This feature allows you to convert foreign currency to domestic currency.
From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Tools > Currency conversion.
Tips:Press the Left Soft Key to enter a decimal.
- Exchange rate: Enter a currency exchange rate.
- Foreign amount: Enter the amount of foreign currency to be converted.
- Local amount: The conversion result displays.
The introduction of the recent calls
With this feature, you can check the call log and call duration.
From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Tools > Recent Calls.
All calls information can also be accessed by pressing the Send Key while in idle mode.
- Call log: You can check All calls, Missed calls, Received calls, and Dialed calls logs.
- Call Info: You can check the Last call duration and All calls duration. You can also clear all the call duration timers by pressing the OK Key for Clear. To reset the timers you will need to enter the phone’s lock code. The default lock code is 0000.
How to use the Phone Settings
From idle mode, select Menu > Settings > Phone.
a) Select Language to set the current display language.
b) Select Time and date to set the date, time, and time style.
c) Select Missed calls alert to enable or disable the notification for missed calls. Choose for the alert to repeat every 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, or 30 minutes.
d) Select Shortcut keys to assign a navigation key as a shortcut for a function, such as the calendar.
e) Select Own phone number to display your phone number in idle mode to remind you which SIM card you are using.
f) Select Download location to choose phone or memory card to save files while downloading.
g) Select TTY setting to enable the TTY function. Please refer to Accessibility > TTY Mode.
h) Select T-coil setting to enable you to hear the phone audio through a hearing aid with a telecoil. Please refer to Accessibility > HAC Mode.
i) Select Master Reset to reset the phone to the default factory settings.
j) Select Master Clear to clear all user data and reset the phone to the default factory settings.
How to use the Calls Settings
From idle mode, select Menu > Settings > Calls.
Call forwarding allows you to divert your incoming calls to another phone number. Contact your service provider for more information and availability.
- Call forwarding
If a call comes in when you are already on a call, you are notified with a call waiting tone. The phone shows the number/name of the waiting call. Contact your service provider for more information.
- Call Waiting
This function allows you to send or hide your phone number when making calls. You can also select Set by network. The network then chooses whether to show/hide the phone number. This function requires network support.
- Send My Number
a) Flip open: This function allows you to answer an incoming call by directly opening the flip, but without pressing the Send Key or OK Key.
b) Any key: This function allows you to answer an incoming call by pressing any key on the keypad, without limitation to the Send Key or OK Key.
- Answer mode
How to switch on/off the Flight Mode
From idle mode, select Menu > Settings > Flight to switch on/off flight mode.
How to use the TTY function
Your handset is a TTY-compatible device. Simply connect the TTY equipment to the headset jack.
a) Full: Users who cannot talk or hear may use this setting to send and receive text messages through TTY equipment.
b) Read & talk: Users who can talk, but cannot hear, may use this setting to talk through the phone and receive responses via text messages.
c) Write & hear: Users who can hear, but cannot talk, may use this setting to listen to the other party and respond via text messages.
d) Off: Users who can hear and speak may use this setting to disable TTY support.
- From idle mode, select Menu > Settings > Phone > TTY setting.
- Select one of the following options and press the OK Key for Select.
How to use the HAC (Hearing Aid Compatibility) Mode
This phone supports HAC (Hearing Aid Compatibility) function. When you turn on the Hearing Aid Mode and use a hearing aid with a telecoil to answer the phone, it will help you hear more clearly while speaking on the phone. For more detailed information on HAC, please refer to Care and Maintenance > Turn on the HAC Setting.
Your Z331 has been tested for hearing aid device compatibility and has an M3/T4 rating.
- From idle mode, select Menu > Settings > Phone > T-coil setting.
- Select On or Off and press the OK Key for Select to confirm.
How to insert the SIM (Subscriber Identification Module) Card
- Hold the Power/End key to turn off the phone.
- Remove the back cover of your phone.
- Hold the SIM card with the metal contacts facing downward and the cut corner at the upper right. Insert the card into the card holder and push it until it clicks into position.
- Replace the cover on the back of your phone.
- You can obtain a SIM card from your service provider when you sign on as a subscriber.
- Do not bend or scratch your SIM card. Keep the card away from electricity and magnetism.
- Don’t touch the metal surface of the SIM card. Doing so could cause information on the card to be lost or destroyed.
- Disconnect the charger and other accessories from your phone and remove the battery before inserting and removing your SIM card
How to remove the SIM Card
- Hold the Power/End key to turn off the phone.
- Remove the back cover of your phone.
- Gently remove the SIM card from the card holder.