How can I master reset the Z221?
Please go to Menu---Settings--Phone--Master Reset
How can I set shortcut keys in Z221?
Please go to Menu---Settings--Phone--Shortcut keys
How can I set time and date in Z221?
Please go to Menu---Settings--Phone--Time and date
How can I check the phone information (such as model number, IMEI, hardware version and software version）in Z221?
Please go to Menu---Settings--Phone information.
How can I change the input method?
In an editing screen: Press # to change the input method.
How can I input punctuation and symbols?
In an editing screen: Press * to enter punctuation and symbols.
Can I use an earpiece in Z221?
Yes, you can plug the headset to USB port.
Can I insert an SD card in Z221?
No, it doesn't support.
How can I blacklist or block a contact?
I'm afraid that this phone doesn't support the blacklist or block function.
How can I power on/off the device?
You can hold the Power/End Key to turn your phone on or off.
1. Do not turn your phone on where wireless phone use is not permitted, or it could cause interference or danger.
2. Enter your PIN (Personal Identification Number) code or handset code and press the OK Key according to the prompt display of the screen.
3. The PIN code is the password provided by your network service provider. You cannot use the SIM card without it.
4. When the PIN code or handset code is accepted, the phone will search for the network automatically. After a few seconds, your phone will be in idle mode.
How many contacts can be saved in my Z221?
The phone can store up to 500 items in general.
How many call logs can I store at most?
You can store 60 at the maximum, including 20 missed calls, 20 dialed calls and 20 received calls.
I want to delete all the duplicate contacts at a same time, how can I do it?
Sorry, you can not delete the duplicate contacts all at once and you need to select one by one to delete from the contact list.
How can I change the predictive text to the normal abc text input method?
Please press menu>messaging>create message>Text>Press the # Key, you will see ZiAbc/abc/Abc/ABC/123/Language, ZiAbc is predictive text. And you can select an input method or language.
Would you please explain what is predictive text method?
The predictive text method is based on a built-in dictionary and generates words from the combination of letters pressed.
1. Press each key once that corresponds to the letter you want to enter. The letters are shown on the display as they are entered. The list of candidate words changes as each key is pressed.
2. When the candidate words are displayed, use the 4-Way Navigation Key to highlight a candidate word and then press the OK Key to Select.
3. Press the 0 Key to insert a space or press the * Key to select symbols.
4. Press the Clear & Back Key to delete the letter to the left of the cursor. Hold the Clear & Back Key to delete all entered text to the left of the cursor.
How can I backup the data of Z221?
The files can be backed up only through Bluetooth, because Z221 phone would not support U Disk.
How can I transfer contacts from Microsoft outlook to phone or vice versa?
Z221 is a simple function phone. There is no direct way to transfer contacts from Microsoft outlook to phone or vice verse. You can transfer contacts to sim card.
How can I check the location of the incoming call?
There is a city ID app on Z221,when there is a incoming call ,the screen will display the phone number and phone's city &state information, namely, it shows which city that the call comes from.
How can I navigate for reminder in Z221?
The device doesn't have an application of "Reminder" but there is an option for the same function. The steps would follow as "Menu-Mystuff-Calendar-Select the date in Calendar-Add-Meeting/Memo/Anniversary". Select the particular option as you need to remind.
How can I navigate into phone to turn on/off vibrator in Z221?
Press and hold # key for 2 seconds ,the vibration will be turned on. If you want to turn off the vibration, press and hold # key for 2 seconds again.
Would you please explain the function of "Missed calls alert" in the settings?
1.You can go to settings-phone-Missed calls alert-off/5 min/10 min/15 min/30 min. 2.If you select 5 min for example, the if you have missed calls and you haven't check it ,a beep sound will be heard on the phone every 5 minutes.
Can I use a Bluetooth headset with the device?
Yes, the phone supports Bluetooth and it could get connected to a headset.
Would you please tell me what is the 16 digit code in Z221?
Its the password for unlocking the phone to use with a different service provider. To get this you need to contact the service provider.
How can I Insert the SIM (Subscriber Identification Module) Card?
1. Hold the Power/End key to turn off the phone.
2. Remove the back cover of your phone.
3. Hold the SIM card with the metal contacts facing downward and the cut corner at the upper left. Insert the card into the card holder and push it until it clicks into position.
4. Replace the cover on the back of your phone.
Notes: You can obtain a SIM card from your service provider when you sign on as a subscriber.
1. Do not bend or scratch your SIM card. Keep the card away from electricity and magnetism.
2. Don’t touch the metal surface of the SIM card. Doing so could cause information on the card to be lost or destroyed.
3. Disconnect the charger and other accessories from your phone and remove the battery before inserting and removing your SIM card.
How can I Remove the SIM Card?
1. Hold the Power/End key to turn off the phone. 2. Remove the back cover of your phone. 3. Gently remove the SIM card from the card holder.
How can I activate meeting mode by shortcut?
From idle mode, hold the # key to activate meeting mode with vibration.
How can I use the emergency service?
Emergency service numbers vary by country. It helps you get emergency service from the operator. To make an emergency call in any country:
1. Ensure that your handset is on and in service.
2. Press the End Key as many times as needed to clear the display and ready the device for calls.
3. Enter the local emergency number for your current location, for example, 911.
4. Press the Send Key to dial the number. Follow the instructions you receive and do not end the call until told to do so. When the (U)SIM card is not inserted or when the dial lock function is on, press the Right Soft Key [SOS] and then enter the official emergency number for your present location. Press the Send Key or OK Key [Call] to dial the number.
Notes: Tell the operator which service you require: Police, Ambulance, Fire Brigade, Coastguard or Mountain Rescue Service. Tell them where you are and remain stationary to maintain contact if possible. Due to the nature of the cellular system, the connection of emergency calls cannot be guaranteed. You should never rely solely on any wireless device for essential communications like medical emergencies.
How can I change the language?
Press the # Key and select a language.
Would you please tell me what is the phone Password?
1. For a new phone, the protection function is not activated by default, and the default password is 0000.
2. From idle mode, select Menu > Settings > Security > Activate security codes > Phone lock code to start or stop password protection.
3. From idle mode, select Menu > Settings > Security > Change security > Phone lock code to change the phone’s password. It is suggested that you change the password to something you will easily remember. Notes: Please remember the password you set. Without it your phone cannot be used normally and you will need to contact your service provider to unlock it. You may contact your service provider for more information.
Would you please tell me what is the PIN code and PUK code?
A PIN code is the personal identification code used by the SIM card. Its purpose is to avoid illegal use of your SIM card. The correct PIN code should be entered when the new phone is first turned on, otherwise the phone will only be able to make emergency calls. For a new card, the default code is supplied by the service provider. If you change the PIN code, please remember the new number.PIN2 is needed for some settings. Use the same procedure as for the PIN code. A PUK code is the unlock code for the SIM card. When the SIM card is locked, you have to enter the correct PUK code and then enter the new PIN code. The SIM card can then be used normally. A PUK code can only be entered 10 times in a row. If you enter the wrong PUK code more than 10 times, the SIM card will be locked indefinitely.
Would you please tell me the default lock code?
The default lock code is 0000
How can I visit a website?
You can use the Mobile Web application. From idle mode, select Menu > Mobile Web.
1. From the att.net homepage, press down on the Navigation Key to highlight the address bar and press the OK Key.
2. Enter a web address and press the OK Key.
3. To access a link on a website, scroll to it using the Navigation Key and press the OK Key.
Mobile Web options:
1. Home: return to the att.net homepage.
2. Go to URL: enter a new web address.
3. Go to Search: enter search terms.
4. History: view your web browsing history.
5. Go to Bookmarks: access your list of favorite sites.
6. Add to Bookmarks: add a site to your list of favorites.
7. Reload: reload the current page.
8. Find in Page: search the page for a term.
9. Settings: adjust browser settings.
10. Help: find help and answers to frequently asked questions.
11. Exit: exit the web browser.
How can I Use the Mobile Email functions?
The mobile Email function could carry your email inbox in your pocket. With Mobile Email, you can access numerous providers, including AT&T, AOL, Yahoo!, Gmail™, Windows Live™, and others. About operation:
1. In standby mode, select Menu > Messaging > Mobile Email.
2. Select the name of your email provider. The steps that follow will vary depending on your provider.
3. When you select Other Providers, you may be asked to accept terms of service and/or to select your email domain. Follow the on-screen instructions.
4. Enter your email address and password.
5. Press Sign In.
How can I receive Voice Mail?
When the system sends you a message notifying you that there is a new voicemail, please press and hold the 1 Key to access the voicemail service from the idle mode. You may contact your service provider for more information on using the voicemail service.
How can I set Voice Mail?
From idle mode, select Menu > Messaging > Settings > Voicemail number to check the voicemail number. Your voicemail number is preset by your service provider. You do not need to set it manually.
How can I set Speed Dial?
1. In standby mode, press Menu > Address Book.
2. Use the Navigation Keys to select a contact, press the Left Soft Key [Options] and select Set as speed dial.
3. Press the Up Key or Down Key to select an empty slot.
4. Press the OK Key [Assign] to finish.
5. Press the Right Soft Key [Back] to return to the previous menu. Or press the End Key to return to the idle screen.
How can I make a Speed Dial?
1. In standby mode, press and hold the corresponding number key (2 to 9) in the speed dial list to make the call.
2. Press the End Key to end the call. Note: The 1 Key is reserved for the Voicemail service.
How can I search Contacts?
1. Select Menu > Address Book to view all the contacts on your phone.
2. Enter a letter, and then the phone will show all the contacts starting with such a letter. Eg: To search “John”, press the 5 Key once for ‘j’. All names starting with ‘J’ or ‘j’ are displayed.
3. Refine the search by entering a subsequent letter that can occur anywhere in the name. Eg: ‘Jn’ will find ‘John’ and ‘Julian’, but not ‘James’.
How can I add Contacts?
You can store contacts with a variety of phone and fax numbers and additional address details. The phone can store up to 500 items. The capacity of the phone book on your SIM card depends on the type of SIM card provided by your service provider. The saved location is identified by the icon shown before the contacts.
1. Select Menu > Address Book > Left Soft Key [Options] > Add New Contact, and press the OK Key [Select].
2. Enter the information of contact, such as name, number, and so on.
3. Press the Left Soft Key [Save] to save the new contact.
How can I enter the Call History?
From idle mode, press the Send Key to check the All calls log.
How can I adjust the Call Volume?
During a call, press the Volume Keys to adjust the earpiece or speaker volume.
Would you please introduce the Call Options?
During a call, you can press the Left Soft Key for more options. The options vary depending on the functions you are currently using. Hold/Unhold: Put the current call on hold or retrieve the call. End call: End the current call. Record: Record the current call. Press the OK Key to stop recording. DTMF off/on: Enable or disable the sending of the DTMF tones. Message: Switch to the Messaging menu during a call. Contacts: Switch to the Address Book menu during a call. Browser: Browse the Internet during a call.
How can I receive Calls?
When a voice call comes in, press the Send Key to answer the call. Press the OK Key to answer the call with the speaker phone on. Tip: If you have connected a headset to the phone, you can press the button on the headset to answer the call.
How can I use the Address Book?
1. From idle mode, select Menu > Address Book.
2. Highlight a contact and press the Send Key to call the contact.
How do I make a Voice Call??
1. In standby mode, enter a phone number.
2. Press the Send Key to call the number.
It's BMP/JPG/GIF image; 3GP/MP4 video; MP3/AMR/WAV/ACC/ACC+ audio; USB 1.1; JAVA MIDP 2.0; MMS Video and Picture, Email, Calendar, Speakerphone, Voice Recorder, Bluetooth
It's WCDMA 850/1900 MHz, GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz