- Internet Devices
- About Us
Virgin Mobile Awe™N800
- Bright 4” IPS touchscreen display
- 5.0MP camera with flash and HD video capture
- Powerful 1.2GHz processor & Android™ 4.1 OS
Design Type Smartphone Form Factor Candy Bar Height 4.96" Width 2.56" Depth 0.41" Weight 4.4 oz Color Black Display Physical Size 4.0" Resolution: Width 480 Resolution: Height 800 Technology IPS Platform OS Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) Camera Main Resolution 5MP Features LED Flash Video Capture 720p Front-Facing Resolution 1MP BSI Processor CPU MSM8630 1.2 GHz Battery Capacity 1650mAh Talk Time* Up to 11 hours Wireless Charging No
*Actual times vary because some features & applications may use more power
Memory Internal 4GB ROM + 1GB RAM Expandable support for up to 32 GB microSD™ card Networks Frequencies EVDO BC1/BC10 Connectivity Bluetooth 4.0+LE Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n Mobile Hotspot No GPS Available USB Yes Headset Jack 3.5mm Audio & Video Audio Format WAV, AMR, AAC, AAC+, MP3, QCP Messaging Features SMS, MMS, Email Accessory Compatibility Hearing Aid Compliance M4/T3 Text Telephone (TTY) Compatibility Yes
Check out the latest support materials here for your device.
Download user manuals, read FAQs, and upgrade your device's software.Expand All |Collapse All
How can I add another email account on the phone?Open Settings, then scroll down and touch "+ Add account" under ACCOUNTS.
How can I delete an email account on the phone?Touch "Email", touch the Menu key at the bottom right of the phone, choose "Settings" from the menu, touch the account you wish to delete, then scroll down and touch "Remove account".
Can I make the font size of the phone bigger?Yes, you can. Open Settings, touch "Display", then "Font size".
How can I create a folder on the home screen?Long press any application icon and drag it to another icon and let go. A new folder will be created containing both of the applications. You can then tap it and give it a name. You can also drag other icons to put them in the folder also.
What is the maximum size picture that can be sent with a text (MMS)?1 MB
How do I change the default search engine in the browser?Open the browser and touch the menu icon at the bottom right to pop up the menu. Touch "Settings", then "Advanced" and then "Set search engine". You'll see the list of search engines to choose from.
Can I add a frequently used contact to my home screen? How?Yes. In the "People" (contacts) application, open the contact, touch the Menu key at the bottom right of the phone and choose "Place on home screen".
How can I set up speed dial?Open the dial pad (the "Phone" application") and touch the Menu key at the bottom right of the phone. Touch "Settings", then "Speed dial". Choose a key, then enter a number or touch the contact icon and select a contact from the address book. When you press OK, that number will be assigned to that key for speed dialing.
Is there any limit to the number of browsing windows I can have open at one time?Theoretically the Android system supports multiple browsing windows with no limitation. However, opening many at the same time will take up space in system memory which may affect the running speed of other applications.
Can I use voice commands?Yes, you can using the Voice Search application. When it says "Speak now", speak out a command such as "Call (contact name)" or "Open (application name)". Note: The phone must have an internet connection and data service for this to work.
Can I change the input method/keyboard?Yes. Open Settings, scroll down and touch "Language & input" under DEVICE, then choose a method under KEYBOARD & INPUT METHODS.
How can I change the wallpaper?Touch and hold on an empty place on the home screen to bring up a menu containing wallpaper options.
How can I add and delete contacts in the Favorites list?Open the People (contacts) application. Open a contact that you wish to add to your Favorites list and touch the star at the top right corner of the screen. This adds it to the list. To remove from the Favorites list, open People, touch the star at the top right of the screen to open the Favorites list, touch the contact you wish to remove, then touch the star at the top right of the screen to remove it from the list.Expand All |Collapse All
How can I quickly quiet an incoming call and enable vibration?Press the volume down key down all the way until the phone vibrates and the icon changes. Another way is to press the power key until a pop up menu is displayed and you can choose vibrate or silent mode there.
How can I have my music file be my incoming call ringtone or my notification ringtone?First copy an MP3 file to the SD card. Locate the file in File Manager, touch the bottom right corner of it to bring up a menu, scroll down and touch "Set audio as", then choose either "Phone ringtone" or "Notification ringtone".
How can I set a specific ringtone, music file or sound recording for a certain contact in my phone??Open the contact in the People (contacts) application. Touch the menu key at the bottom right of the phone and touch "Set ringtone" on the menu that appears. You can then choose from the list of ringtones that is displayed or you can touch "MUSIC" or "RECORD" at the top of the screen to display your music files or sound recordings and choose from those.Expand All |Collapse All
How can I save battery power and maximize standby time?You can turn off some things you aren't using that use up power.
1. You can disable the data connection to prevent producing unnecessary network traffic when you don't need to connect to the internet. Open Settings, touch "Mobile networks", then uncheck the box for "Data enabled".
2. You can turn off the automatic synchronization of your email account(s). To do this, open Settings, scroll down to ACCOUNTS and touch the account category. Touch the name of the account whose sync settings you wish to change and then uncheck the appropriate box.
3. You can disable GPS by opening Settings, then scroll down and touch "Location Services" under PERSONAL and uncheck "GPS satellites".
4. You can disable applications which you don't use very frequently, thus saving power, releasing memory and improving the running speed of applications. To stop an application that is running in the background, open Settings, scroll down and touch "Apps" under DEVICE, touch the name of the application and then "Force stop".
5. You can stop the LED from blinking when there are missed calls or unread messages. To do this, in Settings touch "Display" and uncheck "Pulse notification light".
6. You can prevent the browser from displaying pictures. In the browser, touch the menu key at the bottom right of the screen, touch "Settings", then "Bandwidth management", and then uncheck the box next to "Load images".
Where are the pictures and videos taken with the camera saved?Open the File Manager application. Drop down the menu at the top left of the screen and choose the external SD card memory or the internal phone memory. Touch the folder named "DCIM" and then "Camera".
Will the camera automatically adjust to lighting conditions?Yes. When White balance is set to Auto, the camera will automatically detect the lighting condition and adjust the brightness.Expand All |Collapse All
How can I share my contacts with another phone?In the "People" (contacts) application, touch the Menu key at the bottom right of the phone, then choose "Select item(s)" from the menu. Select the contact(s) you want to share, touch the share icon at the bottom left of the screen, and then one of any of the following: "Bluetooth", "Email", "Gmail", or "Messaging".
How can I transfer files to another mobile phone over Bluetooth?First, turn on Bluetooth in Settings and pair with the other phone. Next, open the File Manager application and locate the file(s) that you want to transfer. Touch the menu key in the lower right of the phone to pop up a menu, touch "Multi-Select", select the file(s), touch "Share", then touch "Bluetooth" and follow the prompts.
How can I turn on data so that I can log in to the internet?First, please make sure you have data in your plan with your service provider. Open Settings, touch "Mobile networks" under WIRELESS & NETWORKS, then touch the checkbox next to "Data enabled" to put a check in the checkbox and enable data.
How can I connect to WiFi?Open Settings and slide the WiFi button to ON. Next, touch "WiFi" and it will automatically look for available networks. Select the desired wireless network, input the password if needed and touch Connect.
Will the phone switch to network mode if the WiFi signal disappears?Yes, the phone will automatically switch to the mobile network when the WiFi signal is weak or disappears. If are worried about paying for data, you can disable data in Settings so that it won't do data traffic over the mobile network.
How can I prevent network downloading interruption?You can connect to WiFi to prevent downloading interruption with the internet, including keeping it active when the phone goes into sleep mode. To do that, go into Settings and touch Wi-Fi, touch the Menu key at the bottom right of the phone, then "Advanced" from the menu that appears. Touch "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep", then select "Never".
How can I use the phone as a USB drive? How can I export photos stored on the SD card to a PC?1. Connect your phone to your personal computer with a USB data cable. You'll see the driver automatically being installed on the PC.
2. On the phone, select "Media device (MTP)" from the menu that appears.
3. You'll see a menu appear on your computer. If you choose "Open device to view files using Windows Explorer", you'll see "N800" displayed in Windows Explorer. Now you can drag and drop files, including pictures, between your PC and the phone using Windows Explorer. For MAC OS you can go to www.android.com/filetransfer to read the information you need for transferring.
Why is my phone not being detected by other devices even though I have Bluetooth turned on?In Settings, touch "Bluetooth" and then make sure there is a checkmark in the checkbox for "Visible to all nearby Bluetooth devices".Expand All |Collapse All
Software & Apps
How can I install applications onto my phone?Since the Android operating system is an open-source operating system, you can directly search for and download compatible applications that you want from the Play Store application.
How can I install applications onto the SD card?There are two ways to install applications to the SD card:
1. First install an application from the Play Store. Its installation directory will be in phone memory. Move the application to the SD card by going to Settings, scroll down and touch "Apps" under DEVICE, touch the newly installed application, then touch "Move to SD card".
2. You can install applications directly to the SD card using third party software.
Note 1: Not all applications can be moved to the SD card.
Note 2: After it has been moved, there will still be a few program files left in the ROM of the phone.
Note 3: Regarding third party PC software, please contact your software supplier for more details.
How can I install applications from computer to phone?To install applications from a computer to your phone (including MicroSD card) , you can use the following methods:
1. Copy the applications that you want to install to the MicroSD card, then open File Manager to find and run the application (.apk file) by tapping on its name.
2. You can install applications through third party PC software (contact your software supplier for more details). After connecting the phone to the computer and the phone is identified by the third party PC software, you can directly install applications through the third party PC software.
How can I uninstall an application?Open Settings, then scroll down and touch "Apps" under DEVICE. Touch the application that you want to delete, then touch "Uninstall". Please note that the system programs cannot be uninstalled.Expand All |Collapse All
Can I back up my text messages? Can I back up my data?Yes, you can do this with your Gmail account or with third party software. If you haven't already set up your phone with your Gmail account or you don't already have an account, touch Gmail and follow the prompts. You can look to see what your account(s) is already set to back up by touching the type of account in Settings under ACCOUNTS, then touch the specific account in the next screen under ACCOUNTS. For third party software, contact your software supplier for details.
How can I back up and restore contacts on the phone?Here are two ways:
1. You can Import/Export between the internal phone memory and the SD card. In People (contacts), touch the menu key at the bottom right of the phone, touch "Import/export", then choose to export to or import from the SD card.
2. You can sync with your internet Gmail account. Touch the menu key at the lower right of the phone, touch "System settings", then scroll down and touch "Backup & Reset" under PERSONAL. Put a check in the box for "Backup my data". If you haven't already set up your phone with your Gmail account or you don't already have an account, choose Gmail on the applications screen and follow the prompts.
ManualsVirgin Mobile Awe User Manual (English - PDF - 4.61MB)
Virgin Mobile Awe User Manual (Spanish- PDF - 5.22MB)
Software UpdatesVirgin Mobile Awe SD Card Upgrade Instructions(English - PDF - 264KB)
Virgin Mobile Awe SD Card Upgrade Package(ZIP - 388MB)
Contact SupportIf you have questions about how to use ZTE mobile devices or your device needs repair services, please contact our services hotline or email for more information.Service Hotline: 877-817-1759
Hotline Hours: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm (CST)Live ChatEmail ZTE