- Internet Devices
ZTE Warp SequentN861
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Dual Cameras Rear 5MP Front 1.3MP
Other Key Features
- 4.3” QHD MVA Display
- 1.4 GHz Processor
Design Type Smartphone Form Factor Candy Bar Height 5” Width 2.55” Depth 0.39” Weight 4.58 oz Color Black Display Physical Size 4.3 inches Resolution: Width 540 Resolution: Height 960 Technology qHD 262K MVA LCD Capacitive Touch Platform OS Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Camera Main Resolution 5.0 MP Features Autofocus Video Capture Yes Front-Facing Resolution 1.3 MP Processor CPU MSM8655 1.4 GHz Battery Capacity 1650 mAh Talk Time* Up to 7 hours Standby Time* Up to 220 hours
*Actual times vary because some features & applications may use more power
Memory Internal 768MB RAM/4GB ROM eMMC Expandable MicroSD, up to 32GB Networks Frequencies CDMA: 1900 MHz Connectivity Bluetooth 4.0 Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n Mobile Hotspot No USB Yes Headset Jack 3.5mm Audio & Video Audio Format MP3, AAC+ Video Format MPEG4, H.263, H.s64 Messaging Features SMS, MMS, IM, Email Accessory Compatibility Hearing Aid Compliance M4/T4 Text Telephone (TTY) Compatibility Yes
Check out the latest support materials here for your device.
Download user manuals, read FAQs, and upgrade your device's software.Expand All |Collapse All
What should I do if the mobile phone crashes, reboots, freezes or cannot be powered on?Such problems maybe cause by the fault of the third party software.
- You can restore factory settings first. If the mobile phone can be powered on, please press Menu-System Settings--Back up and reset--Factory data reset. If the mobile phone cannot be powered on, please enter into Recovery mode, and then choose wipe data/factory reset to erase user data. To enter into recovery mode, you can press the volume down key and power key at the same time.
- If the fault still happens, please upgrade the software of mobile phone, as generally upgrading software can solve these problems.
- If the fault still happens, please contact ZTE Customer Care hotline at 1-877-817-1759 to upgrade the software of mobile phone, as generally upgrading software can solve these problems.
What should I do if the mobile phone cannot receive and transmit messages?
- Check whether the signal is normal, if the mobile phone has no signal or the signal is weak, you can take the mobile phone to the place to test again where the signal is strong.
- View the memory space of mobile phone to check whether the mobile phone has enough space to receive messages, otherwise please clean up the space.
- Make sure to use complete telephone number to transmit messages. Moreover, please check whether the number of message center is normal. You can contact local operator for more details about the number of message center.
- You can contact local ASC for repairing if the fault still happens.
What should I do if I cannot make a call or answer calls?
- Check the signal strength. If the mobile phone has no signal or the signal is weak, please take the mobile phone to a location where the signal is strong.
- Check whether flight mode is enabled. If so, please hold the Power key to enter into flight mode option list to disable flight mode.
- You can restore factory settings to test whether the fault still happens, otherwise you can contact ASC for repairing.
How to enter into recovery mode.Hold the volume down key and power on mobile phone to enter into recovery mode.
How could I move or delete the icons of home screen?You can hold the icon that you want to move for 2 seconds until you feel the tactile response, then you can drag the icon to Remove. You can also move the icon from the menu to the home screen.
How do I back up my data?You can back up your data via the customized PC tool or other third party software.
What should I do if the alarm clock doesn't work properly?
- Please check whether the alarm clock is enabled.
- Check whether the mobile phone is powered on and the battery power is strong, as the alarm clock won't work if the mobile phone is powered off.
- You can set alarm clock again after restored factory settings.
What should I do if I cannot use the mobile phone to make or receive calls?
- Check whether the signal is normal. If the mobile phone has no signal or the signal is weak, please take the mobile phone to a location where the signal is strong.
- Check whether flight mode is enabled. If so, please hold the Power key to enter into settings menu and disable flight mode.
- You can restore factory settings to test whether the fault still happens, otherwise you can contact the ZTE Call Center hotline at 1-877-817-1759 for repairing.
How could I add or delete the contacts in batch?You can add or delete contacts in batch via the bound Gmail account: Enter into Gmail account of mobile phone via PC, then edit, add or delete contacts in contacts of Gmail and sync the contacts of mobile phone. Note: This function only applies to the mobile phone which has normal GMS applications (The customized projects of domestic are not included).
What is the character or word limit for SMS?Theoretically there is no limit on the numbers of characters or words. For each message, you can enter 160 English characters (70 Chinese characters), when the characters are beyond the limit, the message will be sent automatically divided into 2 pieces.When the message is over the length of 3 messages, the message will be automatically send as MMS.
How could I forward messages on mobile phone?Please hold the message that you want to forward for about 2 seconds until a menu appears, choose (Forward) to enter into the option list of forwarding message, then select the recipient to forward the message.
How can I set up a Google account for my mobile phone?To add Google account: Method 1: The mobile phone will automatically notify you to input Google account to bind with mobile phone at the first time to use mobile phone. Method 2: It doesn't matter if the mobile phone isn't bound with Google account at the first time to use mobile phone, you can refer to following operations to add Google account: Menu key——System Settings——Accounts & Sync——Add account. Note 1: This function needs to work with Wi-Fi or GPRS/3G, which will shorten the battery life. Note 2: This function only applies to international project and it doesn't apply to domestic project.
How could I back up and restore the contacts of mobile phone?
- You can import/export contacts to SIM card or SD card:
- You can sync contacts with Gmail account.
Could I change the input method? How to use the new input method?
- You can download the input method that you want from Market based on your interests and habits.
- After installing input method, please tap Menu--System Settings—Language& input, checkmarkfor the installed input method. Then hold the input box for about 2 seconds anywhere you can input the words until an option list appears to choose the input method that you want.
How do I restore factory settings?You can solve many troubles by restoring factory settings. Click Menu-System Settings--Back up and reset--Factory data reset. Then confirm the operations and click the Reset Phone button. The process will take about 3 minutes, the mobile phone will restart after restored factory settings successfully. If your mobile phone stops on a Logo image for a long time with no response, please directly remove the battery, then install battery again to power on device. Note 1: The time to power on device will be a little longer after restored factory settings, so please wait patiently to power on device.
How do I set and use shortcuts?With Andriod 4.0 version, there is bar on the bottom of screen, which has 5 icons. All those 5 shortcut icons can be set and modified (Except the icon of all applications). To modify the shortcut icon, please hold the icon that you want to modify, then drag the icon to the top to delete. To add the icon, please drag the icon that you want to add to corresponding place of shortcuts bar.Expand All |Collapse All
How do I adjust the idle time of mobile phone before getting into sleep mode?Please enter into Menu key——System Settings——Display——Sleep. You can determine when to lock screen.Expand All |Collapse All
How could I do if the talk quality is poor?
- Please check whether the signal of mobile phone is normal, if the mobile phone has no signal or the signal is weak; please take the mobile phone to the place where the signal is normal to test again.
- We recommend you to turn up the volume to proper degree.
- If the fault still happens, please contact local ASC.
What should I do if the audio has echo?
- Turn down the volume to proper degree during talking;
- Check whether the opposite side is using speaker, earphone or other vehicle-mounted devices, if so, you can ask the opposite side to switch to talk by mobile phone.
- Additionally, local network conditions also can cause such problems.
What should I do if the volume of earphone is low or the sound quality is poor?
- Replug the earphone to check whether the earphone socket is closely connected with mobile phone.
- Press volume up key to turn up volume of earphone.
- If there is a volume controller, please turn up the volume.
- Replace the earphone to test again.
How can I set the incoming call ringtone?To set phone ringtone:
- Enter into home screen, press Menu ——System Settings——Sound——Phone ringtone. Choose the ringtone that you want to set from list, and then click OK.
- You can also set MP3 as ringtone. To set MP3 as ringtone, please copy MP3 to music folder, enter into home screen of mobile phone and press All applications——Music and enter into the directory of MP3, then you can hold the music file to set as phone ringtone. You can also set MP3 as phone ringtone of specific contacts,
How can I set the incoming call ringtone for specific contacts?To set incoming call ringtone for specific contacts, please enter into home screen and press All applications——People——Choose the specific contacts that you want to set incoming call ringtone for——Menu——Set Ringtone
- Choose Phone ringtone to open the ringtone list and choose the ringtone that you want; 2.Choose From file to open music directory and choose the music file that you need (Refer to the music files in music folder).
How can I set a MP3 as a notification ringtone (Message ringtone)?To set your music files as notification ringtone, please create a new folder on the root directory of micro SD card and name the folder as notifications (Full lower case); then copy MP3 that you want to this folder; all songs or music files stored in notifications folder will be automatically added to notification (Message) ringtone list of mobile phone. You can press Menu—System Settings—Sound—Default Notification to find MP3 ringtone that you want.
How can I set a MP3 as an incoming call ringtone?To set your music files as incoming call ringtone, please create a new folder on the root directory of micro SD card and name the folder as ringtones; then copy MP3 that you want to this folder; all songs or music files stored in notifications folder will be automatically added to available alarm ringtone list of mobile phone. You can press Menu—System Settings—Sound—(Phone ringtone) to choose the ringtone that you want.Expand All |Collapse All
Can the camera automatically detect scene lighting conditions and adjust the brightness?Yes. After enabling camera function, you can set White balance as Auto, then the camera will automatically detect the lighting conditions and adjust the brightness.
Where are the pictures and videos saved? Can I customize the saving process?Your pictures and videos are saved in following path: /sdcard/DCIM/Camera, you can find them via File Manager in all applications, or you can connect the mobile phone with PC to view your pictures and videos in Removable disk. Note 1: Generally, if there is no MicroSD in mobile phone, you cannot use the mobile phone to take pictures and videos.
Can I use the camera flash when taking videos?You can use the camera flash when taking pictures, but you cannot use it when taking videos.Expand All |Collapse All
How to check the storage of flash.Open task manager and press Resources, check the total memory of system, then you can get the related information. Besides, with regard to the reason why the standard memory is much than available memory, you can refer to the question of: (Why is the standard memory much than available memory?)
How to check the available memory of mobile phone?To check the available memory: Press Menu ——System Settings——Storage, then you can check the storage of SD card and internal storage space.
Why is the available memory space less than the standard memory space?Except for processor, many other hardware devices of mobile phone also need to use some memory, such as GPU, DSP and so on, which occupy some part of special memory space, but such memory space is invisible to users.
How could I save the memory space of mobile phone?We often get the complaint from the users that the storage space is small.In fact, the storage space isn’t small at all, but if the user installs the software to memory constantly, then the memory space will be less and less.We strongly recommend moving the software to SD card as often as you can, as it's an unique feature of 2.2 system (or higher version).Expand All |Collapse All
Why is the standby time of Smart phones much shorter than the standby time of feature phones? How could I improve the standby performance?The smart phone can be compared to a computer, which has a powerful processing system, stronger network functionality and all kinds of applications.Therefore, the smart phone will consume more power as compared with feature phones. Additionally, the standby time can also be affected by the network signal condition.When the signal is weak, the smart phone will consume more battery power. However, you can refer to following settings to help save battery power and maximize standby time:
- You can disable GPS;
- You can disable the data connection if you don't need to log into the Internet:
- You can also disable other applications which you don't use in order to save power, release memory and improve running speed of applications.
What should I do if the battery cannot be fully charged?Generally the battery will release little electricity after charged fully, then the battery starts to be charged again after a while, such action is to protect battery and extend battery life, therefore, the charging display may be less than 100%. To check the battery status: Menu –System Settings--About phone—Status, then you can view the battery status and battery level.
How could I quickly check the charging status of mobile phone?When the mobile phone is in charging, please press power key to enter into standby status, then press power key again to startup standby screen, where will display the charging status of battery.Expand All |Collapse All
How do I establish a WLAN connection?Please refer to following operations to use WLAN:
- Enter into System Settings-->Wireless & Network-->Wi-Fi
- Check ON for Wi-Fi, then the mobile phone automatically starts to search for WLAN signal until the signal appears;
- Click the target that you need to connect with:
- Input correct password if the password is needed:
- The mobile phone is connected when the WLAN icon appears at the top of the screen (near the signal and battery power indicators).You can now use WLAN to log in Internet.
How could I use the mobile phone as a U disk?Connect mobile phone with data cable, pull down notification bar, click "USB is connected" and choose "Media device (MTP/U disk mode)" as connection mode. You don't need to install driver on Win7 system to use this service, but you need to install MTP driver on XP system, generally you just need to upgrade WMP player to wmp11 or above version to obtain related driver of MTP. MAC OS users can log in www.android.com/filetransfer to check more details. Note: USB debug and MTP cannot be used at the same, therefore, please turn off USB debug when using MTP.
How could I use GPS or other navigation software for location or directions?
- Please make sure your mobile phone has built-in GPS signal receiver:
- Enable GPS: System Settings——Location services—— Checkmark for Use GPS satellites (Here we strongly recommend to open (Use wireless network). As locating with GPS satellite needs to remotely obtain large amount of data, it may affect your data traffic.)
- Please install related map application or navigation application. Android mobile phones have built-in Google map application and Navigation application.
- Open Navigation application to navigate.
Is there any limit on the number of browsing windows that can be open at one time?Theoretically, Android system supports multiple browsing windows with no limit. However, opening too many browsing windows at the same time will occupy system memory, which may affect the running of other applications and power consumption. Since the browsing habits of each person are different, we recommend you to search and download the third party Internet browser from Market. Note 1: The mobile phone should have Internet connection (Wi-Fi or GPRS/3G). You need to pay GPRS/3G fees and it will shorten the battery life when you are using the Internet. Note 2: This function needs to work with Wi-Fi and GPRS/3G, which will shorten the battery life.
Can the mobile phone switch the network mode when WLAN has weak or no signal?Yes, the mobile phone will automatically switch to GSM or 3G network when WLAN signal is weak. If you worry about the network traffic, you can disable the data business in Settings.
Can WLAN disconnect from the network when the mobile phone is in sleep mode?WLAN will automatically disconnect from the network during sleep mode, but it will connect to original access point when the mobile phone turns on, allowing you to save battery power. This process is recommended by the manufacturer of WLAN chipset.
Why can't other mobile phones/computers find my mobile phone even though my Bluetooth is enabled?Please enter into Bluetooth settings (System Settings——Bluetooth, then click the name of the Bluetooth, then select "Visible to all nearby Bluetooth devices").
Why does the Android mobile phone produce network traffic when enabling data?The mobile phone interacts with the network server when data is enabled, when enabling data, the mobile phone needs to send a request to network server first, then the network server needs to receive confirmation information to build a connection with the mobile phone. Therefore, this interaction will result in producing network traffic. However, the network traffic will be small, as it’s usually only few kilobytes (KB). Also, the number of network traffic statistic is for reference only.For actual network traffic statistics, please refer to the operator.
How can I limit the network traffic of the mobile phone?
- You can disable the data connectionto prevent producing unnecessary network traffic when you don't need to log in Internet. System Settings—More---Mobile networks—Remove the check off of Data enabled.
- Disable Auto-Sync:
- Do not download picture via browser:
- Network traffic monitoring
How many Bluetooth devices can mobile phone connect with? How many Bluetooth devices can mobile phone transfer data with?Theoretically there is no limit for connected Bluetooth device, but the mobile phone can transfer data with only one Bluetooth device.
How can I transfer the file or data via Bluetooth of mobile phone?Enter into System Settings---Bluetooth to connect your mobile phone with other mobile phone, select the file that you need to transfer, then click Menu key and select Bluetooth to send the file.Expand All |Collapse All
Software & Apps
What should I do if I forget the security unlock pattern?
- You can reset password via the bounded Gmail account as follows: When you have constantly input wrong password for 5 times, the mobile phone will notify to reset password, then you have to input the bounded Gmail account and password to reset unlocking pattern. (Note: You need to connect mobile phone with wireless network and bind mobile phone with Gmail account) This way is a little comprehensive, but you can save your personal data with this way.
- You can input *983*987# in emergency dial-up pad to restore factory settings as shown below. This way is easy, but your personal data will be erased.
How do I install applications on the MicroSD card (TF card)?Generally there are two ways to install applications in Micro SD card:
- Download and install application from (Play Store): After downloading and installing applications, the default installation directory of software is in ROM of mobile phone instead of MicroSD card. Then remove this application to MicroSD card with the following steps: Menu——System Settings——Apps——choose the newly installed application——Move to SD card.
- Install applications via the third party PC software (Such as 91 assistant). By this way, you can choose the installation directory before installing applications.
What should I do if audio/video files cannot be played or viewed?Please check whether the files are compatible with mobile phone, because Android platform cannot support all formats. You can install third party software to add the file formats.
How could I view the running applications and disable the unused applications of mobile phone?To view the running applications of your mobile phone: All applications——Task manager, also you can disable the applications which you don't use.
How do I erase the browsing logs of browser?To delete the browsing logs, please press All applications——Browser——Settings——Privacy & security——Clear history Note 1: All applications is a round icon on the straight lower of home screen. Note 2: The mobile phone should have Internet connection (Wi-Fi or GPRS/3G). You need to pay GPRS/3G fees and it will shorten the battery life when using the Internet.
How can I open and view multiple browsing windows?Enter into home screen and press All applications——Browser——Menu 1. (New window) to build new window; 2. (Window)to view the current running windows. Note 1: All applications are a square icon on the straight lower of home screen. Note 2: The mobile phone should have Internet connection (Wi-Fi or GPRS/3G), which will shorten the battery life when you using the Internet. You also need to pay GPRS/3G fees. Note 3: This function works with Wi-Fi and GPRS/3G, which will shorten the battery life.
How could I install compatible applications in my mobile phone?As Android operating system is an open-source operating system, you can directly search and download the applications that you want from the Google market. Note 1: This function works with Wi-Fi or GPRS/3G, which will shorten the battery life. Also you may need to pay GPRS/3G fees to your operator.
How can I install applications from the computer to the mobile phone?To install the applications from computer to mobile phone (MicroSD card)
- You can installapplications via third party PC software (Such as 91 assistant). After connecting the mobile phone with computer and the mobile phone is identified by the third party PC software, you can directly install the applications via the third party PC software.
- You can copy the applications that you want to install to the MicroSD card, then open (File manager) in All applications to find and run the application (.apk file).
How do I view the running applications and disable the unused applications of mobile phone?To view the running applications of your mobile phone: All applications——Task manager, also you can disable the applications which you don't use.
Can I view the newly-built notepad in file manager of mobile phone? Can I export the file to computer?You can save (export) the data of notebook in SD card as text (.txt) file, then you can copy the data from SD card to computer via other transmission mode.
How could I uninstall the applications of Android mobile phone?Enter into home screen and press Menu key——System Settings——Apps, Find the application that you want to delete, then click Uninstall. Please note that the system programs of mobile phone cannot be uninstalled.
How do I enter into download mode (FTM mode)?To enter into FTM mode, please power off mobile phone first, hold Volume up key , then hold power key until(FTM) appears on the middle of screen, which means the mobile phone has entered into download mode. Note: If the mobile phone powers on and enters into Android main system with above operations, please power off mobile phone to try again.
How do I turn on USB debugging?Menu--System Settings--Developer options--USB debugging, checkmark for USB debugging.Expand All |Collapse All
Can I set up other locking methods for my mobile phone other than pattern lock?Yes. There are three ways of locking screen. To set up screen lock, please access home screen and press Menu key——System Settings——Security——Screen lock. The available screen lock methods are as follows:
- Long press
- Pattern - Set screen lock pattern according to the LCD prompt.
- PIN code - Set one group of code which includes at least 4 digits.
- Password - Set one group of password which includes letters and numbers.
How do I set the password as invisible?To set the password as invisible: Press Menu key——System Settings——Security——Make passwords visible (remove the checkmark).
ManualsZTE Warp Sequent User Manual (English - PDF - 1.82MB)
Software UpdatesZTE Warp Sequent USB Driver (EXE - 4.28MB)
Introduction of ZTE Handset Online Upgrade Tool (English - PDF - 1.48MB)
ZTE Warp Sequent Software Online Upgrade Tool (EXE - 26.6MB)
Contact SupportIf you have questions about how to use ZTE mobile devices or your device needs repair services, please contact our services hotline or email for more information.Service Hotline: 877-817-1759
Hotline Hours: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm (CST)Email ZTE