- Internet Devices
- About Us
Introducing the ZTE Source™
Design Type Smartphone Form Factor Candy Bar Height 5.31" Width 2.64" Depth 0.40" Weight 5.0 oz Color Black Display Physical Size 4.5" Resolution: Width 480 Resolution: Height 854 Technology FWVGA (218ppi) TFT Capacitive 5-point Multi-Touch Platform OS Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) Camera Main Resolution 5.0 MP Features Auto-Focus, LED Flash, Backside Illuminated Sensor Video Capture 720p HD Front-Facing Resolution 1 MP with Backside Illuminated Sensor Fixed-Focus Processor CPU 1.2 GHz Dual-Core Qualcomm SnapDragon™ MSM8930 Battery Capacity 2070 mAh Wireless Charging No
*Actual times vary because some features & applications may use more power
Memory Internal 1GB RAM + 4GB ROM (Approx 2GB available to end user) Expandable MicroSD, up to 32GB Networks Frequencies CDMA 1x EVDO rev. A - Cell (800), PCS (1900), AWS (1700/2100) LTE -- Band Class 2/4/25 Connectivity Bluetooth 4.0 Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n Mobile Hotspot Yes GPS GPS, Assisted GPS (aGPS,) Simultaneous GPS (sGPS) USB Yes Headset Jack 3.5mm Audio & Video Audio Format MP3, AMR-NB(3gp), OGG, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, MIDI, SP-MIDI, WAV, M4A Video Format MP4, H.263, H.264 Sound Technology SRS Enhanced Sound Messaging Features SMS, MMS, Swype Predictive Text Accessory Compatibility Hearing Aid Compliance M4/T4 Text Telephone (TTY) Compatibility Yes
Check out the latest support materials here for your device.
Download user manuals, read FAQs, and upgrade your device's software.Expand All |Collapse All
What can I do if the proximity sensor blacks out the screen during calls so that I can't end calls myself?If you have left the protective film cover on that comes with the phone, remove it because dust may be blocking the proximity sensor from functioning.
How do I cancel the email notification function?Open Email, touch the menu key at the bottom right of the phone and choose "Settings" from the menu. Touch the name of the email account, then scroll down and uncheck "Email notifications" under NOTIFICATION SETTINGS.
Can I change the input method/keyboard?Yes. Open Settings, touch "Language & input", then choose a method under KEYBOARD & INPUT METHODS.
How can I create a folder on the home screen?Long press any application icon, drag it up to "+ Folder" at the top of the screen and drop it. A new folder will be created. You can then tap it and give it a name. You can also drag other icons to put them in the folder too.
How can I add a folder in the File Manager to the main screen as a shortcut?Open the File Manager and locate the folder. Tap the black triangle at the right side of the folder, select "Add to idle" in the menu that appears and the shortcut will be created on the main "idle" screen.
How can I change the wallpaper?Touch and hold on an empty place on the home screen to bring up a menu containing wallpaper options.Expand All |Collapse All
How can I quickly quiet an incoming call and enable vibration?Press the volume down key down all the way until the phone vibrates and the icon changes. Another way is to press the power key until a pop up menu is displayed and you can choose vibrate or silent mode there.Expand All |Collapse All
Where are the pictures and videos taken with the camera saved?Open the File Manager application. Drop down the menu at the top left of the screen and choose the external SD card memory or the internal phone memory. Touch the folder named "DCIM" and then "Camera".Expand All |Collapse All
How can I save battery power and maximize standby time?You can turn off some things you aren't using that use up power.
1. You can disable the data connection to prevent producing unnecessary network traffic when you don't need to connect to the internet. Open Settings, touch "Mobile networks", then uncheck the box for "Data enabled".
2. You can turn off the automatic synchronization of your email account(s). To do this, open Settings, scroll down to ACCOUNTS and touch the account category. Touch the name of the account whose sync settings you wish to change and then uncheck the appropriate box.
3. You can disable GPS by opening Settings, then scroll down and touch "Location Services" under PERSONAL and uncheck "GPS satellites".
4. You can disable applications which you don't use very frequently, thus saving power, releasing memory and improving the running speed of applications. To stop an application that is running in the background, open Settings, scroll down and touch "Apps" under DEVICE, touch the name of the application and then "Force stop".
5. You can stop the LED from blinking when there are missed calls or unread messages. To do this, in Settings touch "Display" and uncheck "Pulse notification light".
6. You can prevent the browser from displaying pictures. In the browser, touch the menu key at the bottom right of the screen, touch "Settings", then "Bandwidth management", and then uncheck the box next to "Load images".Expand All |Collapse All
How can I turn on data so that I can log in to the internet?First, please make sure you have data in your plan with your mobile phone carrier. Open Settings, touch "Mobile networks" under GENERAL SETTINGS, then touch the checkbox next to "Data enabled" to put a check in the checkbox and enable data.
How can I connect to WiFi?Open Settings and slide the WiFi button to ON. Next, touch "WiFi" and it will automatically look for available networks. Select the desired wireless network, input the password if needed and touch Connect.
Will the phone switch to network mode if the WiFi signal disappears?Yes, the phone will automatically switch to the mobile network when the WiFi signal is weak or disappears. If are worried about paying for data, you can disable data in Settings so that it won't do data traffic over the mobile network.
How can I prevent network downloading interruption?You can connect to WiFi to prevent downloading interruption with the internet, including keeping it active when the phone goes into sleep mode. To do that, go into Settings and touch Wi-Fi, touch the Menu key at the bottom right of the phone, then "Advanced" from the menu that appears. Touch "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep", then select "Never".
How can I share my phone's internet connection with other devices?First make sure data is enabled, then do one of the following:
1. To share with a device that has WiFi function, make sure data is enabled on that device. Next, open Settings, scroll down and slide the button next to "Portable hot..." to ON under WIRELESS & NETWORKS. Touch "Portable hot..." to open it and then "Configure". Fill out the configuration info and when you are finished, touch "Save" and the phone will broadcast the WiFi network name.
2. To share with a computer via USB, connect your phone to the computer with a USB cable. Touch "USB tethering" on the menu that appears on the phone. The phone will start sharing its internet connection with the computer.
3. To share with a computer via Bluetooth, open Settings, touch "More..." under WIRELESS & NETWORKS, then put a check in the checkbox next to "Bluetooth tethering".
How can I use the phone as a USB drive? How can I export photos stored on the SD card to a PC?1. Connect your phone to your personal computer with a USB data cable. You'll see the driver automatically being installed on the PC.
2. On the phone, touch "Media device (MTP)" on the menu that appears.
3. You'll see a menu appear on your computer. If you choose "Open device to view files using Windows Explorer", you'll see "N9511" displayed in Windows Explorer. Now you can drag and drop files, including pictures, between your PC and the phone using Windows Explorer. For MAC OS you can go to www.android.com/filetransfer to read the information you need for transferring.
How can I transfer files to another mobile phone over Bluetooth?First, turn on Bluetooth in Settings and pair with the other phone. Next, open the File Manager application and locate the file(s) that you want to transfer. Touch the menu key in the lower right of the phone to pop up a menu, touch "Multi-Select", select the file(s), touch "Share", then touch "Bluetooth" and follow the prompts.
How can I share my contacts with another phone?In the "People" (contacts) application, touch the Menu key at the bottom right of the phone, then choose "Multi-Select" from the menu. Select the contact(s) you want to share, touch the share icon at the bottom left of the screen, and then one of any of the following: "Bluetooth", "Email", "Gmail", "Messaging" or "WiFi Direct".
Why is my phone not being detected by other devices even though I have Bluetooth turned on?In Settings, touch "Bluetooth" and then make sure there is a checkmark in the checkbox for "Visible to all nearby Bluetooth devices".Expand All |Collapse All
How can I install applications onto my phone?Since the Android operating system is an open-source operating system, you can directly search for and download compatible applications that you want from the Play Store application.
How can I install applications onto the SD card?There are two ways to install applications to the SD card:
1. First install an application from the Play Store. Its installation directory will be in phone memory. Move the application to the SD card by going to Settings, scroll down and touch "Apps" under DEVICE, touch the newly installed application, then touch "Move to SD card".
2. You can install applications directly to the SD card using third party software.
Note 1: Not all applications can be moved to the SD card.
Note 2: After it has been moved, there will still be a few program files left in the ROM of the phone.
Note 3: Regarding third party PC software, please contact your software supplier for more details.
How can I install applications from computer to phone?To install applications from a computer to your phone (including MicroSD card) , you can use the following methods:
1. Copy the applications that you want to install to the MicroSD card, then open File Manager to find and run the application (.apk file) by tapping on its name.
2. You can install applications through third party PC software (contact your software supplier for more details). After connecting the phone to the computer and the phone is identified by the third party PC software, you can directly install applications through the third party PC software.
How can I uninstall an application?Open Settings, then scroll down and touch "Apps" under DEVICE. Touch the application that you want to delete, then touch "Uninstall". Please note that the system programs cannot be uninstalled.Expand All |Collapse All
How can I back up and restore contacts on the phone?Here are two ways:
1. You can Import/Export between the internal phone memory and the SD card. In People (contacts), touch the menu key at the bottom right of the phone, touch "Import/export", then choose to export to or import from the SD card.
2. You can sync with your internet Gmail account. If you haven't already set up your phone with your Gmail account or you don't already have an account, choose Gmail on the applications screen and follow the prompts. You can look to see what your account(s) is already set to sync by touching the type of account in Settings under ACCOUNTS, then touch the specific account in the next screen under ACCOUNTS.
How can I back up my data?You can do this with your Gmail account or with third party software. Touch the menu key at the lower right of the phone, touch "System settings", then scroll down and touch "Backup & Reset" under PERSONAL. Put a check in the box for "Backup my data". If you haven't already set up your phone with your Gmail account or you don't already have an account, touch Gmail and follow the prompts. For third party software, contact your software supplier for details.
ManualsZTE Source User Manual (English - DOC - 3.8MB)
ZTE Source User Manual(Spanish - DOC - 2.14MB)
Contact SupportIf you have questions about how to use ZTE mobile devices or your device needs repair services, please contact our services hotline or email for more information.Service Hotline: 877-817-1759
Hotline Hours: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm (CST)Email ZTE