How do I upgrade software version?
ZTE has provided the following ways to upgrade your software version. You may choose any way that you want. 1.Online upgrade tool; 2.One-click upgrade package(Customized by operator); 3.SD card upgrade package; Note: To use the online upgrade tool, one-click upgrade package or SD card upgrade package, please log in ZTE handset service support website. To verify whether the mobile phone supports upgrade or what kind of upgrade tool the mobile phone supports, please refer to the latest information on ZTE website as standard. English website: http://wwwen.zte.com.cn/endata/mobile/
What do I do if the mobile phone cannot receive and transmit messages?
- Check whether the signal is normal, if the mobile phone has no signal or the signal is weak, please take the mobile phone to a place where the signal is strong to test again.
- View the memory space of mobile phone to check whether the mobile phone has enough space to receive messages, if not, please clean up the space.
- Make sure you are using the complete telephone number to send messages. Moreover, please check whether the number of message center is normal. You can contact local operator for more details about the number of the message center.
What do I do if the mobile phone cannot receive or transmit a MMS?
- Check whether the MMS settings are normal: Settings--Wireless & Network--Mobile network--Access point name. If the mobile phone has no access point information, please manually add the APN information. You should contact local operator for details.
- Check whether the signal is normal. If the mobile phone has no signal or the signal is weak, please take the mobile phone to a place where the signal is strong to test again.
- View the memory space of mobile phone to check whether the mobile phone has enough space to receive message, if not, please clear up space. You can enter into Settings----Storage to check the internal storage space and the status of the SD card.
What do I do if I cannot make or receive calls?
- Check whether the signal is normal. If the mobile phone has no signal or the signal is weak, please take the mobile phone to a place where the signal is strong to test again. 2. Check whether Airplane mode is enabled. If so, please hold the Power key to enter into option list to disable Airplane mode. 3. You can restore factory settings to test whether the fault still occurs.
Can I disable the blinking indicator in the back key when the mobile phone has missed calls or unread messages?
The indicator is mainly used for reminding about missed calls and unread messages, so only when you check the unread messages or missed calls will the indicator turn off.Therefore, it cannot be turned off manually.
How do I put the mobile phone into flight mode?
To get into Airplane mode:
- Please hold the power key until option list appears on the screen, then choose Airplane mode
- Menu key——Settings——Wireless & Network——Then checkmark the box for Airplane mode.
How do I set multiple phone numbers for a single contact?
Please make sure that your contacts are stored in the memory of the mobile phone or your Google account. (This function doesn't support the contacts that are stored in SIM/UIMS card). To set multiple phone numbers for single contact, please pressContactson home screen, choose the contact which you want to add data, then press Edit contact and press + to add phone number. Note: You can also add new Email, mailing address and other detail data.
How do I add or delete multiple contacts?
You can add or delete contacts in batch via the associated Gmail account: Enter into Gmail account of the mobile phone via PC, then edit, add or delete contacts in contacts of Gmail and sync the contacts.
How do I use shortcut keys?
Android system has following shortcut keys:
- Home key: You can hold HOME key to export the latest used 6-8 applications and set the current applications running in the background.
- Volume key: You can hold the volume down key to turn down the volume to the lowest, including into vibration mode.
Can I answer a call via the headset?
Yes, you can.
How do I move or delete the icons on a home screen?
You can tap and hold the icon that you want to move over 2 seconds until you can feel the mobile phone vibrate slightly, then you can drag the icon to the trash can on the lower part of the screen to delete the icon. You can also move the icon from menu to home screen.
How do I customize the arrangement of icons on the home screen?
On the home screen, press and hold a blank area of the home screen for 2 seconds until a list appears including Shortcuts, ZTE Widgets, folders and Wallpapers. Choose the item to add to home screen. Also you can press and hold an icon over 2 seconds until you can feel the mobile phone vibrate slightly, then you can drag it to a new place.
How do I add pages to the mobile phone?
Click Menu key to enter into Personalization——Screen, then you can add pages.
How do I add folders to the mobile phone?
To add folders in the mobile phone:
Please hold the blank of home screen for about 2seconds untilan option listappears, choose folders——New folders to create a new folder. Hold the folder title for 2seconds to modify the folder name. Then you can subsequently place other applications in this folder.
- You can add folders on home screen:
Press All applications——filer——Menu key——New directory——Enter the directory name and press OK. Note 1: All applications are a square icon on the straight bottom of home screen. Note 2: You can create new folder in MicroSD card, butyou cannot create new folder in system directory, as the system directory is protected.
- Add folder in MicroSD card
Can I dial three-way calling (Multi-way calling)?
Yes. First, please contact your telecom operator to enable services such as Call waiting and Three-way calling. After enabling the service, please refer to the following process to enable the service. Suppose that, Party A, Party B and Party C need to call each other, A is the call initiator, B and C are waiting for the calling.
Note1: For three-way (multi-way) calling, maybe you need to pay extra fees, you need to make a confirmation with your telecom operator.
- A initiates a call with B,
- A presses the Menu key on the calling interface to open the call menu. Touch Add talk, then another dialing interface of the mobile phone will appear, Here A can make an additional call with C on this dialing interface.
- When A is calling C, B will be on hold.
- After A connects with C, A will open the Menu interface again, and click Combine talk, then A, B, and C can talk with each other.
How do I dial or save the phone number which a SMS was sent from?
To dial or save the phone number that is transmitted by SMS or email, please enter into home screen and press All applications——SMS.Open the message which includes the phone number, then choose the phone number to save as contacts.
How do I send a SMS or Email to a group?
To send a SMS or Email to a contact group, you must setup the contacts saved in the mobile phone or Gmail account as a group list. Step 1: Create and edit group Enter into home screen and press All applications——Contacts——Groups——Create new group or add the relevant contacts to the newly created group. Step 2: Click Message on the right of group name, choose the contacts that you need to send message and checkmark the box, then press OK and send the message. Or you can enter into home screen and press All applications——Messages——New message, click the icon of Receiver and choose Groups, then choose the contacts that you need to send the message.Checkmark the box, and press OK, then edit and send the message.
How do I forward messages on the mobile phone?
Please press and hold the message to be forwarded for 2 seconds until a menu appears. Choose Forward to enter into the option list of forwarding message, then select the recipient to whom the message will be forwarded.
How do I add a Google account to the mobile phone?
To add Google account: Method 1: The mobile phone will automatically notify you to input Google account to bind with the mobile phonethe first time you use the mobile phone. Method 2: If the mobile phone isn't associated with a Google account the first time you use the mobile phone, you can refer to following operations to add Google account: Menu key——Settings——Accounts & Sync——Add account.
How do I back up and restore the contacts of the mobile phone?
Open Contacts-->Menu key-->Import/Export-->choose either Import/Export and choose the target that you need to import/export.
- You can import/export contacts to a SIM card or SD card:
Menu key-->Settings-->Accounts & Sync-->Choose the Gmail account that you need to sync with-->Sync contacts (Please make sure your mobile phone is connected with network).
- You can sync contacts with Gmail account.
How do I restore to factory settings?
You can solve many issues by restoring to factory settings. Open settings-->Privacy-->Factory data reset. Then press OK to start restoring to factory settings. The process will take about 3 minutes. The mobile phone will restart after is has restored successfully. If your mobile phone stops on the Logo image for a long time with no response, please remove the battery, then install battery again to power on the device. Note: The time to power on device will be a little longer after restored factory setting, so please be patient.