- Form Factor
- Physical Size
- Resolution: Height
- Resolution: Width
64K TFT Color Display
- Main Resolution
- Talk Time*
Up to 6hours
- Standby Time*
Up to 210hours
About 20 MB for user (64MB RAM & 128MB ROM)
HSDPA/UMTS bands 1900/850 MHz; GSM bands 1900/1800/900/850 MHz; GPRS EDGE Class 10
- Data Speed
- Headset Jack
- Audio Format
SMS, MMS, IM, Email
- Hearing Aid Compliance
Check out the latest support materials here for your device.
Download user manuals, read FAQs, and upgrade your device's software.
How can I master reset the Z221?
How can I set shortcut keys in Z221?
How can I set time and date in Z221?
How can I check the phone information (such as model number, IMEI, hardware version and software version）in Z221?
How can I change the input method?
How can I input punctuation and symbols?
Can I use an earpiece in Z221?
Can I insert an SD card in Z221?
How can I blacklist or block a contact?
How can I power on/off the device?
1. Do not turn your phone on where wireless phone use is not permitted, or it could cause interference or danger.
2. Enter your PIN (Personal Identification Number) code or handset code and press the OK Key according to the prompt display of the screen.
3. The PIN code is the password provided by your network service provider. You cannot use the SIM card without it.
4. When the PIN code or handset code is accepted, the phone will search for the network automatically. After a few seconds, your phone will be in idle mode.
How many contacts can be saved in my Z221?
How many call logs can I store at most?
I want to delete all the duplicate contacts at a same time, how can I do it?
How can I change the predictive text to the normal abc text input method?
Would you please explain what is predictive text method?
1. Press each key once that corresponds to the letter you want to enter. The letters are shown on the display as they are entered. The list of candidate words changes as each key is pressed.
2. When the candidate words are displayed, use the 4-Way Navigation Key to highlight a candidate word and then press the OK Key to Select.
3. Press the 0 Key to insert a space or press the * Key to select symbols.
4. Press the Clear & Back Key to delete the letter to the left of the cursor. Hold the Clear & Back Key to delete all entered text to the left of the cursor.
How can I backup the data of Z221?
How can I transfer contacts from Microsoft outlook to phone or vice versa?
How can I check the location of the incoming call?
How can I navigate for reminder in Z221?
How can I navigate into phone to turn on/off vibrator in Z221?
Would you please explain the function of "Missed calls alert" in the settings?
Can I use a Bluetooth headset with the device?
Would you please tell me what is the 16 digit code in Z221?
How can I Insert the SIM (Subscriber Identification Module) Card?
2. Remove the back cover of your phone.
3. Hold the SIM card with the metal contacts facing downward and the cut corner at the upper left. Insert the card into the card holder and push it until it clicks into position.
4. Replace the cover on the back of your phone.
Notes: You can obtain a SIM card from your service provider when you sign on as a subscriber.
1. Do not bend or scratch your SIM card. Keep the card away from electricity and magnetism.
2. Don’t touch the metal surface of the SIM card. Doing so could cause information on the card to be lost or destroyed.
3. Disconnect the charger and other accessories from your phone and remove the battery before inserting and removing your SIM card.
How can I Remove the SIM Card?
How can I activate meeting mode by shortcut?
How can I use the emergency service?
1. Ensure that your handset is on and in service.
2. Press the End Key as many times as needed to clear the display and ready the device for calls.
3. Enter the local emergency number for your current location, for example, 911.
4. Press the Send Key to dial the number. Follow the instructions you receive and do not end the call until told to do so. When the (U)SIM card is not inserted or when the dial lock function is on, press the Right Soft Key [SOS] and then enter the official emergency number for your present location. Press the Send Key or OK Key [Call] to dial the number.
Notes: Tell the operator which service you require: Police, Ambulance, Fire Brigade, Coastguard or Mountain Rescue Service. Tell them where you are and remain stationary to maintain contact if possible. Due to the nature of the cellular system, the connection of emergency calls cannot be guaranteed. You should never rely solely on any wireless device for essential communications like medical emergencies.
How can I change the language?
Would you please tell me what is the phone Password?
2. From idle mode, select Menu > Settings > Security > Activate security codes > Phone lock code to start or stop password protection.
3. From idle mode, select Menu > Settings > Security > Change security > Phone lock code to change the phone’s password. It is suggested that you change the password to something you will easily remember. Notes: Please remember the password you set. Without it your phone cannot be used normally and you will need to contact your service provider to unlock it. You may contact your service provider for more information.
Would you please tell me what is the PIN code and PUK code?
Would you please tell me the default lock code?
How can I visit a website?
1. From the att.net homepage, press down on the Navigation Key to highlight the address bar and press the OK Key.
2. Enter a web address and press the OK Key.
3. To access a link on a website, scroll to it using the Navigation Key and press the OK Key.
Mobile Web options:
1. Home: return to the att.net homepage.
2. Go to URL: enter a new web address.
3. Go to Search: enter search terms.
4. History: view your web browsing history.
5. Go to Bookmarks: access your list of favorite sites.
6. Add to Bookmarks: add a site to your list of favorites.
7. Reload: reload the current page.
8. Find in Page: search the page for a term.
9. Settings: adjust browser settings.
10. Help: find help and answers to frequently asked questions.
11. Exit: exit the web browser.
How can I Use the Mobile Email functions?
1. In standby mode, select Menu > Messaging > Mobile Email.
2. Select the name of your email provider. The steps that follow will vary depending on your provider.
3. When you select Other Providers, you may be asked to accept terms of service and/or to select your email domain. Follow the on-screen instructions.
4. Enter your email address and password.
5. Press Sign In.
How can I receive Voice Mail?
How can I set Voice Mail?
How can I set Speed Dial?
2. Use the Navigation Keys to select a contact, press the Left Soft Key [Options] and select Set as speed dial.
3. Press the Up Key or Down Key to select an empty slot.
4. Press the OK Key [Assign] to finish.
5. Press the Right Soft Key [Back] to return to the previous menu. Or press the End Key to return to the idle screen.
How can I make a Speed Dial?
2. Press the End Key to end the call. Note: The 1 Key is reserved for the Voicemail service.
How can I search Contacts?
2. Enter a letter, and then the phone will show all the contacts starting with such a letter. Eg: To search “John”, press the 5 Key once for ‘j’. All names starting with ‘J’ or ‘j’ are displayed.
3. Refine the search by entering a subsequent letter that can occur anywhere in the name. Eg: ‘Jn’ will find ‘John’ and ‘Julian’, but not ‘James’.
How can I add Contacts?
1. Select Menu > Address Book > Left Soft Key [Options] > Add New Contact, and press the OK Key [Select].
2. Enter the information of contact, such as name, number, and so on.
3. Press the Left Soft Key [Save] to save the new contact.
How can I enter the Call History?
How can I adjust the Call Volume?
Would you please introduce the Call Options?
How can I receive Calls?
How can I use the Address Book?
2. Highlight a contact and press the Send Key to call the contact.
How do I make a Voice Call??
2. Press the Send Key to call the number.
How can I extend the backlight duration of Z221?
How can I change the phone's font size?
How can I hide time and date icon on the screen?
How can I change the wallpaper?
What type of display does the Z221 have?
How can I turn on the speaker while on call ?
How can I Disable all alarms on the phone?
How can I set alarm clock?
2. Press the OK Key for Edit
Can I plug a wired earpiece into Z221 to listen to the music?
How can I set a different ring tone for different contact?
How could I save the picture messages on my phone?
Would you please tell me the pixel for the camera of Z221?
How do I install the battery??
2. Remove the back cover of your phone.
3. Carefully insert the battery with the contacts located against the metal springs.
4. Push down the battery until it clicks into place.
5. Replace the cover on the back of the phone.
1. Make sure the cover is lined up before pressing it into place. Do not force it. Doing so will damage the back cover.
2. The phone automatically turns off if the battery power is too low.
3. If you are not going to use the battery for a long time, remove it from the phone and store it in a cool dry place.
How do I remove the battery?
2. Remove the back cover of your phone.
3. Lift the end of the battery near the bottom of the phone to remove it.
What is the Continuous talk time of the Z221?
How long does it take to charge the Z221?
What is the continuous idle time of the Z221?
Would you please tell me the battery of Z221?
How can I enable the Bluetooth?
1. From idle mode, select Menu > Settings > Connections > Bluetooth.
2. Set Bluetooth to On.
3. Go down to Discoverable and set it to On.
4. Go down to My Bluetooth Info and enter the phone name.
5. Press the OK Key to save the settings.
Notes: Set Discoverable to On to allow your phone to be found by other compatible devices.
How can I transfer a picture to pc through Bluetooth?
How can I receive data by Bluetooth?
2. If the paired device tries to send a file to your phone, one popup dialogue will appear on your screen.
3. Press the Left Soft Key [Yes] to accept the incoming file, or press the Right Soft Key [No] to reject it.
How can I send data by Bluetooth?
1. Select your desired file, and select Left Soft Key [Options] > Send > Via Bluetooth.
2. Select the aim device from the device list, and press the OK Key to send.
I want to go to the menu option on the phone but when I press the right soft key, the phone goes to yahoo account, why?
Does Z221 support Power Off Alarm?
Software & Apps
How can I use the HAC (Hearing Aid Compatibility) function?
2. Select On or Off and press the OK Key for Select to confirm. Your Z221 has been tested for hearing aid device compatibility and has an M3/T4 rating.
How can I use the TTY function?
1. From idle mode, select Menu > Settings > Phone > TTY setting.
2. Select one of the following options and press the OK Key for Select.
①．Full: Users who cannot talk or hear may use this setting to send and receive text messages through TTY equipment.
②．Read & talk: Users who can talk, but cannot hear, may use this setting to talk through the phone and receive responses via text messages.
③．Write & hear: Users who can hear, but cannot talk, may use this setting to listen to the other party and respond via text messages.
④．Off: Users who can hear and speak may use this setting to disable TTY support.
How can I use the YPmobile?
How can I use the AT&T Social Net?
1. From the idle screen, select Menu > My Stuff > Games & Apps > Applications > AT&T Social Net.
2. To accept data charges if asked, select Continue. To accept the End User License Agreement, select Accept.
3. Select the social network of your choice from the top row.
4. Enter your login and password. Select Sign in. And now you are able to access your social network. Access Social Networks and Information
How can I use the Voice Recorder?
1. From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Tools > Voice recorder.
2. Select Start to start recording your voice memo.
3. Select Pause to pause the recording.
4. Select Contin. to resume recording.
5. Select Stop to stop recording.
How can I play Videos?
1. From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Video > My Videos.
2. Highlight a video and press the OK Key to play it.
How can I play Music?
1. From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Audio > My Audio.
2. Highlight a sound file and press the OK Key to play it.
How can I send a picture?
2. Select Send (1) and then Via Message (1).
3. Enter the recipient’s phone number(s). You can also press the OK Key for Contacts to add recipients from the Address Book.
4. Scroll down to the Text field and compose your message.
5. When you are finished typing, press the OK Key to send your message.
How can I view pictures?
1. From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Pictures > My pictures.
2. Highlight a photo and press the OK Key for Open.
How can I take a picture?
1. From idle mode, select Menu >My Stuff > Tools > Camera. Or from idle mode, press the Camera Key on the keyboard to start the camera
2. Aim the camera lens at a subject.
3. Press the OK Key to take the photo; press it again to save.
Short cut to take a picture:
1. From standby mode, press the Camera Key to access the camera.
2. Line up your shot in the camera viewfinder.
3. Press the OK Key for Capture to take the photo.
How do I use the Currency Conversion tool?
1. Exchange rate: Enter a currency exchange rate.
2. Foreign amount: Enter the amount of foreign currency to be converted.
3. Local amount: The conversion result displays.
Tips: Press the Left Soft Key to enter a decimal.
How do I use the World Time tool?
1. From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Tools > World time.
2. Press left or right on the Navigation Key to view the time of desired city.
3. Press the OK Key to save the selected city time as the time setting on your phone.
4. Press the Right Soft Key to exit.
How do I use the Stopwatch tool?
1. From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Tools > Stopwatch.
2. Select Start to start timing.
3. Select Stop to stop the timing during the operation and view the duration of time.
4. Select Contin. to continue timing.
5. Select Reset to reset the stopwatch.
How do I use the Tip Calculator tool?
1. From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Tools > Tip Calculator.
2. Enter the total bill by using the Number Keys.
3. Type the tip amount (in percentage) you would like to leave.
4. If the cost is shared by more than one people, please enter the number of the people into the split field.
5. At bottom of the calculator, the amount you need to pay will be displayed.
How do I use the Calculator tool?
1. From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Tools > Calculator.
2. Enter the first number using the Number Keys.
3. Enter the operation for your calculation by pressing up, down, left, or right on the Navigation Key.
4. Enter the second number.
5. Press the OK Key for Equal to view the result. Tips: Press the Clear & Back Key to clear digits and results. Press the * Key to toggle the number between positive and negative. Press the # Key to enter a decimal point.
How do I use the Calendar tool?
1. From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Tools > Calendar.
2. Press the Left Soft Key for Options to access the following:
①．New: Add a meeting, memo, or anniversary.
②．Week view: View the schedule of the current week.
③．Go to date: Enter a date and view the scheduled events of that day.
④．Delete entry: You can choose to delete entries On this day, Before date, or All entries.
⑤．Settings: You can set the Calendar alarm tone, Default view, and Week starts on. ⑥．Memory Info: Shows the current memory usage.
How do I use the Alarm Tool?
1. From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Tools > Alarm.
2. Press the OK Key for Edit and configure the alarm as required using the Alarm Setup Screen: Alarm Time: Set as required Alarm Type: Daily, Workday, Weekly, Once Snooze: Off, 5, 10, 15, 30 minutes Ringtone: On/Off Ringtone Type: ATT tone.mid, select Edit to change Alarm Remark: Optional Tips: If the alarm time has passed, it cannot be saved. Even if the phone is turned off, the alarm will automatically turn the phone back on so that it can ring.
How do I use the Address Book?
2. Scroll to the desired contact and press the Left Soft Key for more options: Call: Call the highlighted contact. Add new contact: Create a new contact. Send message: Send SMS or MMS messages to this contact. Edit contact: Edit this contact information. Delete contact: Delete this contact. Send contact info: Send this contact as a business card via MMS message. Add To Group: Add this contact to a group: Family, Friends, or Work. Set as speed dial: Set speed dial for this contact. Settings:
①．SIM management: Copy contacts to or from the SIM card, or delete contacts from the SIM card.
②．Delete multiple: Delete a batch of contacts.
③．Speed dials: View and edit the speed dials list.
Can I move my Z221 pictures to PC through a USB cable?
How can I use the Instant Messaging functions?
1. In standby mode, select Menu > Messaging > IM.
2. Upon the first use, select the name of your instant messaging provider, and then press OK. The remaining steps will vary slightly for each provider.
3. Select the screen name field and then enter your screen name/email/ID.
4. Select the password field and enter your password.
5. Use the Navigation Key to move down and press Sign In.
6. Select the name of a contact that is currently online.
7. Enter your message, and then select Send IM.
How can I use the Message Templates?
2. Move to the Text field and select Options > Template.
3. Select a template and press the OK Key to insert the template.
How do I change the Message Settings?
1. MMS Settings (Multi. msg. setting) Retrieval Settings: You have two choices:
①．Automatic: Retrieve the new multimedia message automatically without selecting the notification message and receiving.
②．Manual: Retrieve the new multimedia message manually.
2. Time per page: Set the play time of each page.
3. Anonymous Msg.: You can choose to accept or refuse anonymous messages.
4. Connections: Please consult the service operator for detailed information.
5. PUSH Message: You can accept or reject PUSH messages.
6. SMS Settings (Text msg. setting)
7. SMS center number: Service center number given to you by your service provider.
8. Template Setting (The phone has 10 templates for SMS/MMS, and you can edit them.)
What are the Message Folders?
1. You cannot receive new messages if the message memory is full.
2. The total amount of space available for saving messages is determined by the space available on the phone and SIM card.
What are the Message Options?
1. Reply: Reply to the message.
2. Call Sender: Call back the originator of the message.
3. Save number: Save the originator’s number to your Address Book.
4. Delete: Delete this message.
5. Lock/Unlock: When the message is locked, you will not be able to delete it.
6. Forward: Forward this message.
7. Sort: Select to sort the messages by time or read/unread.
How can I view a Message?
How can I send a New MMS Message?
2. Enter the recipient’s number. Or press the OK Key [Contacts] to choose the recipient(s) from your address book.
3. Press the Down Key to the text field.
4. Edit the message. Press the Left Soft Key [Options] and select Insert to insert pictures, audios, or videos on your phone; meanwhile, you can also take a picture, record an audio, or a video to insert.
5. Press the OK Key [Send] to send your message.
Notes: To save an unfinished message, press the Left Soft Key for Options and select Save to save it to the Drafts folder. Messages in Outbox and Drafts folder can be edited and sent.
What types of messages does Z221 have?
1. Text Messages (SMS)
2. Multimedia (Picture) Messages (MMS)
3. Instant Messages (IMs) The Short Message Service (SMS) lets you send and receive text messages to and from other mobile phones and email addresses. To use this feature, you may need to subscribe to your service provider’s message service. The Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) lets you send and receive multimedia messages (such as picture messages) to and from other mobile phones and email addresses. To use this feature, you may need to subscribe to your service provider’s multimedia message service.
How can I record a Video?
2. Press the OK Key to start recording.
3. Press the OK Key to pause.
4. Press the OK Key for Continue to resume recording.
5. Press the Right Soft Key for Stop to stop recording.
6. Press the OK Key for Save
If you have questions about how to use ZTE mobile devices or your device needs repair services, please contact our services hotline or email for more information.