- Smart Projectors
- Internet Devices
Most Popular Internet Devices
- About Us
AT&T Wireless Home Phone WF720WF720
- Unlock? Review by lchan
- Convenient Home Phone Review by Rick
The device has a battery back up which means if you use it on battery power and plug in a corded phone, you can use this anywhere ATT has cell service. Why not just use a regular cell phone? This has two advantages. Since it has a larger antenna it works in weak signal areas where hand held cell phones might not pick up enough signal, like a remote camp ground.
Two, it provides unlimited calling at 20 dollars per month.
A nice use for this is on a yacht. You can mount this device up high and connect it to boat power and the common phone system so all the staterooms can have phone service. Use it the same way in a motorhome, or a limo. Guests can talk all day and it's never an extra charge. (Posted on 10/3/2014)
Design Type Wireless Home Phone Form Factor Candy Bar Height 1.05" Width 6.3" Depth 4.37" Weight 14.11 oz (including battery) Color Black Antenna External Display Indicators RSSI, POWER, BATTERY, VOICE MAIL Technology LED Battery Capacity Ni-MH 1500mAh Talk Time* 3.5 hours (GSM) 1.5 hours (WCDMA) Standby Time* Up to 36 hours
*Actual times vary because some features & applications may use more power
Chipset Chipset QSC6270 Connectivity Wi-Fi No USB Diagnostics only Antenna TNC-female Phone RJ11 Accessories Charger Connector DC-470, 5V
Check out the latest support materials here for your device.
Download user manuals, read FAQs, and upgrade your device's software.Expand All |Collapse All
What kind of chipset does this device support?QSC6270
What bands does this device support?UMTS 850/1900MHz & GSM 850/1900MHz
What kind of phone do I need to work with the Wireless Home Phone device??Most standard touch tone phones may be used. Rotary phones are not supported. Cordless phone systems provide the most flexibility and allow you to easily place additional handsets throughout your home. Cordless phone systems still need to be plugged into a power outlet. During a power outage, a standard corded phone which doesn’t require electrical power is recommended.
How do I install my Wireless Home Phone device?Please see your Quick Start for the most common installation methods.
Other helpful information:
• Installation near a window or outside wall is strongly recommended to ensure the strongest possible wireless signal in order to maximize voice quality.
• If the Wireless Home Phone signal strength indicator does not display high signal strength (Green) or voice quality is unacceptable, you may need to relocate the device to another part of the home with a stronger wireless signal.
Why don’t I see the name of the caller on caller ID?The Wireless Home Phone only supports calling number identification. However, contact names stored on your home phone equipment may display for incoming calls.
Can I move my Wireless Home Phone device and use it in another location?Yes, your device can be moved to another location; however, device should be used in a location where AT&T is authorized to provide wireless service. If your device is used while on other carrier networks, AT&T’s off-net usage restrictions apply.
Please see section 4.5 of your Wireless Customer Agreement for details.
Can I use my Wireless Home Phone internationally?No. Use is limited to the United States, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, and Northern Mariana Islands
What is the warranty on the Wireless Home Phone device?AT&T Wireless Home Phone device has a 12-month limited warranty.Expand All |Collapse All
How do I forward calls?To forward all calls, dial:
1) *21* 2) The 10-digit number to which you wish to forward your calls 3) # key (Example: *21*1234567890# forwards your calls to the phone number 123-456-7890)
Please wait at least three (3) seconds and you hear a confirmation tone for the forwarding to complete before hanging up.
To un-forward calls, dial #21#, please wait at least three (3) seconds and you hear a confirmation tone for the un-forwarding to complete before hanging up.
Note: Applicable wireless minute plan rates apply to forwarded calls
How do I make a Three-Way Call?While on an existing call, press the Flash (or Talk) key on your phone to put the first party on hold. When you hear a dial tone, dial the second parties’ number (wait up to four  seconds). When the second party answers, press the Flash (or Talk) key again to complete the three-way connection. If the second party does not answer, press the Flash (or Talk) key to end the connection and return to the first party. Note: If your phone does not have a Flash (or Talk) key, use the off-hook mechanism supported by your phone instead
How does Call Waiting work?You will hear two tones if someone calls while you are already on a call. To hold the current call and accept the waiting call, press the Flash (or Talk) key. You can press the Flash (or Talk) key anytime to switch back and forth between calls. To clear the current call and accept the waiting call, enter 1 and press the Flash (or Talk) key. To reject (User Busy) the waiting call, enter 0 and press the Flash (or Talk) key.
• Your Wireless Home Phone comes with standard three-way calling and call waiting. Operation of these features will vary depending on your home phone equipment.
• If your phone does not have a Flash (or Talk) key, then use the off-hook mechanism supported by your phone.
When I dial a seven-digit number using the Wireless Home Phone, I get a message that the number cannot be completed as dialed. Does Wireless Home Phone support seven-digit dialing?Wireless Home Phone requires 10-digit dialing for domestic calls in most areas.
Can I make international calls with Wireless Home Phone?Yes. To add international calling to your account, please call 611 from your connected phone, or 1-800-331-0500.
I can’t make or receive calls with my Wireless Home Phone service. What should I do?1. No dial tone
• Make sure there is AC power to the Wireless Home Phone device. Do not connect to an AC outlet controlled by a wall switch.
• Move the device to an area with sufficient network signal (Green or Yellow Signal Indicator light).
• Make sure your home telephone equipment has power and is connected properly to the Wireless Home Phone device.
• Check that the Signal Indicator light is illuminated. If not, make sure the “On/Off” button on the back of the device is “On” (press and hold until the Signal Indicator light illuminates).
2. No caller ID name
• Like all wireless services, only the calling number is displayed with Caller ID.
• Your home phone equipment may support the display of names stored in its contacts memory.
3. Battery LED is off
• Make sure the battery connector is firmly connected to the battery port slot.
4. Only the Power LED is illuminated
• Press and hold the Power button on the back of the Wireless Home Phone device for two (2) seconds until the Battery and Signal Strength indicator lights turn on.
5. Poor voice quality
• Install using the telephone cable included with the Wireless Home Phone device.
• Make sure the external antenna is installed and securely fastened.
• Move the Wireless Home Phone device to a different area of the home.
• Locate the device in an area with maximum wireless signal strength (Green Signal Indicator).
• Make sure all connections are firmly in place.
• Make sure the antenna is in a vertical position and increase the distance away from other electronic devices and the Wireless Home Phone device (including cordless base stations, Wi-Fi routers, and cell phones).
• Move the Wireless Home Phone near a window with a clear unobstructed view of the sky and remove any objects that may be obstructing the wireless signal.
• Make sure the home phone that is connected to the Wireless Home Phone device is of good quality and in good working order.
• Voice quality may degrade with a low battery charge (Red) when operating with battery back-up. Connect to an AC power source to recharge when power is available.
6. Signal strength indicator is blinking Green
• The Wireless Home Phone is connected to a 3G MicroCell, and is operating properly.
7. Red signal strength indicator
• Make sure the external antenna is installed and securely fastened.
• Move your device to another area of the home with a strong wireless signal.
8. Flashing Red signal strength indicator
• SIM is missing or not installed properly.
1) Remove the battery cover and battery.
2) Locate the SIM card slot and insert the SIM card into the slot until secure. The SIM card will click and lock in place when properly installed in the correct orientation. • SIM card may be invalid or damaged and need to be replaced.
9. Can’t connect to my 3G MicroCell (signal strength indicator is not flashing Green)
• Add the phone number associated with your Wireless Home Phone to your 3G MicroCell Approved User List.
• Power cycle your 3G MicroCell as well as your Wireless Home Phone device.
• Make sure the Wireless Home Phone is within range of the 3G MicroCell.
10. SIM Card doesn’t work in my mobile device
• The SIM card provided with your Wireless Home Phone is intended for use only in your specific Wireless Home Phone device and can not be used in a mobile handset.
11. Message Waiting indicator on my home phone equipment doesn’t light
• The Wireless Home Phone does not support this functionality with your home phone equipment.
• The Wireless Home Phone device has a dedicated Message Waiting indicator light and will flash when you have a new voice message, you will also hear an intermittent dial tone when you pick up your handset.
12. I hear an intermittent dial tone
• You will hear an intermittent dial tone when you have a new voicemail message waiting.
• Dial “1” from your home phone equipment connected to the Wireless Home Phone to review your voice messages.
13. My phone doesn’t ring when a call comes in
• If you recently transferred your landline number, you will continue to receive incoming calls on your previous service until the transfer is complete. To check transfer status, visit www.att.com/port.
• Make sure your Wireless Home Phone is NOT connected to your in-home phone wiring.
• Make sure your home phone is powered on and connected to the Wireless Home Phone device.
• Your Wireless Home Phone number may be set to Call Forward. Dial #21# to un-forward calls.
14. My answering machine won’t pick up calls
• Set your answering machine settings to pick up calls before network voicemail, which is approximately five (5) rings.
• Alternately the network voicemail setting can be increased; dial “1” to access the voicemail platform and follow the prompts to increase the number of rings.
• To remove network voicemail from your account, call AT&T Customer Care by dialing 611 or 800-331-0500.
15. I hear a constant low frequency tone (not dial tone) when I try to place a call. • Hang up your home phone to restore dial tone.Expand All |Collapse All
What type of battery/capacity is supported with this device?Ni-MH 1500mAh
What’s the standby time on this device?36 hours
What’s the talk time on this device?3.5 hours (GSM), 1.5 hours (WCDMA)Expand All |Collapse All
Will my Wireless Home Phone device work in areas with no or low wireless signal strength?A strong wireless signal (Green) is recommended for optimal performance. A moderate signal (Yellow) may be sufficient. If you do not see a green light, you may want to choose an alternate location.
Does the Wireless Home Phone device support data or text messaging?No, only voice services are supported.
Do I need broadband Internet service for the Wireless Home Phone device to work?No, the service is provided through the AT&T wireless network
ManualsAT&T Wireless Home Phone WF720 Quick Start Guide(English - PDF - 4.02MB)
AT&T Wireless Home Phone WF720 User Manual(English - PDF - 3.94MB)
Software UpdatesWireless Home Phone v1.6 Software Update - Instructions
Wireless Home Phone v1.6 Software Update - One-Click Tool
Contact SupportIf you have questions about how to use ZTE mobile devices or your device needs repair services, please contact our services hotline or email for more information.Service Hotline: 877-817-1759
Hotline Hours: Monday-Sunday 8am - 9pm (CST)Live ChatEmail ZTE
Follow and Shop Us