- Internet Devices
- About Us
ZTE nubia 5NX501
Professional quality photography
- Incorporating the latest image capture hardware including a 13 megapixel Konica-Minolta 5 –piece prevision lens made of scratch-resistant sapphire, with F2.2 constant aperture, Sony CMOS chip sensor
Designed to entertain
- The 1.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon™ processor with an additional Adreno320 graphics processor ensure speedy access to music, games, and movies that look brilliant on the 5-inch IPS full high definition (1920x1080, 443ppi) Gorilla Glass screen
Design Type Smartphone Form Factor Candy Bar Height 5.43" Width 2.7" Depth 0.29" Weight 4.51 oz Color Black Display Physical Size 5‘’ Resolution: Width 1080 Resolution: Height 1920 Technology FHD IPS (443 ppi) Platform OS Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) Camera Main Resolution 13 MP Features Auto Focus, LED Flash, Zoom, Face Detection, Panoramic Pictures Video Capture 1080p @ 30fps Front-Facing Resolution 2 MP Processor CPU 1.5 GHz Quad-Core APQ8064 Battery Capacity 2300 mAh Wireless Charging No
*Actual times vary because some features & applications may use more power
Memory Internal 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM Networks Frequencies GSM 850/900/1800/1900 UMTS 850/1900/2100 Data Speed HSPA+ Connectivity Bluetooth 4.0 Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n Mobile Hotspot Yes GPS GPS, aGPS, sGPS USB Yes Headset Jack 3.5mm NFC Yes HDMI Yes Audio & Video Audio Format MP3, MP4, WAV Video Format MP4, H.263, H.264
Sound Technology Dolby
Check out the latest support materials here for your device.
Download user manuals, read FAQs, and upgrade your device's software.Expand All |Collapse All
How can I quickly quiet an incoming call and enable vibration?Press and hold the volume down key until the phone vibrates and the icon changes. Another way is to press the power key until a pop up menu is displayed and you can choose vibrate or silent mode there.
How can I uninstall an application?Open Settings, scroll down and under DEVICE touch "Apps", touch the application that you want to delete, then touch "Uninstall". Please note that the system applications cannot be removed.
Where are the pictures and videos taken with the phone saved?You can view them by opening the File Manager application and then touch "Pictures" or "Videos". You can also connect your phone to a PC and view them like you would on an external flash drive. The directory they are saved in is \DCIM\Camera.
How do I adjust the screen timeout before the phone goes into sleep mode?Open Settings, touch "Display", then slide the scrollbar under "Screen timeout" to select a time period.
How can I move an icon on the home screen?Touch and hold the icon over two seconds, then you can drag it to a new spot.
What can I add to the Home screen?Touch the softkey at the bottom left of the phone to bring up a menu, then touch "Add". From here you can add widgets, new folders, wallpapers, and choose themes.
How can I make a folder to hold applications on the main screen?On the home screen, press and hold an icon and drag it into another icon on the home screen to create a folder containing these two icons. To add another item into the folder, touch and hold it, then drag it into the folder.
How do I change the ringtone for incoming calls?Open Settings and touch "Sound", then "Phone ringtone” and you'll see the list of ringtone choices.
How can I set a music file as my ringtone?Open the File Manager application, touch "Music", touch and hold the filename, then touch the icon at the top right corner of the screen to drop down the menu and choose "Set As Phone Ringtone". Another way is to open Settings and touch "Sound", "Phone ringtone", then "Local Music" at the top of the screen and make a choice. If you don't have any music files on the phone, you can copy a music file to the folder named "Ringtones".
How can I change the ringtone that alerts me for my text messages?Open the Message application, touch the softkey at the bottom left of the phone and a menu will pop up. Touch "Settings", then scroll down and touch "Choose ringtone” and select your desired message alert tone.
How can I change the alarm sound?You can change the alarm sound for an existing alarm or for a new one that you are creating. Open the Time Manager application and either touch an alarm to open it or choose "+Add alarm". Touch "Ringtone", make a new choice and touch "OK". When you are finished editing the alarm, touch "OK" again. You can also use an MP3 music file as your alarm tone. When you have the list of alarm tones open as described above, touch "Local Music" at the top of the screen and choose a song for your ringtone. Another way to do this is to copy a music file to the folder named "Alarms" in the phone and it will appear in the list of Ringtone choices when you edit an alarm.
How do I adjust the screen brightness if it is too bright or too dim?Open Settings and touch "Display", then slide the scrollbar under "Automatic brightness". You can also choose to enable "Automatic brightness" above it to allow the light sensor to automatically adjust the screen brightness.
How can I move my most frequently used applications and shortcut icons onto the Launch Bar at the bottom of the screen?Touch and hold an icon on the Launch Bar and drag it off of the Launch Bar. Touch and hold the icon you want to move to the Launch Bar, then drag it to an empty spot on the Launch Bar.
How can I forward a text message?Touch the message thread to open it so that you are looking at the message(s) from that number. Tap and hold on the message you want to forward until a menu pops up, then touch "Forward". The contents appear in the body of the message and you can now edit and send the same way as you would a new text message.
How can I open and view multiple browser windows?Open the browser, touch the icon at the right side of the address field at the top of the screen. All open browser windows will be shown as thumbnails. Touch the + icon in the upper right corner of the screen to open a new browser window.Expand All |Collapse All
How can I save battery power and maximize standby time?Turn off some things you aren't using that use up power.
1. You can disable the data connection to prevent producing unnecessary network traffic when you don't need to connect to the internet. Do this by dragging down the notification menu and touching "Data" or you can open Settings, touch "More…" under WIRELESS & NETWORKS, then "Mobile networks" and uncheck the box next to "Data enabled".
2. You can disable GPS by opening Settings, then touch "Access" and uncheck "GPS satellites".
3. You can stop the applications which are running but that you don't use very frequently, thus saving power, releasing memory and improving the running speed of applications. To stop an application that is running in the background, open Settings, scroll down and touch "Apps", slide over to display "RUNNING", touch the name of the application and then "Stop". To stop all of the applications that are running in the background at once, pull down the notification menu and touch "Clear".
4. You could stop the light from blinking when the phone is sleeping and there are missed calls, unread messages or the phone is charging. To do this, open Settings and touch "Display", touch "Breath Light", then turn off one or all of the choices.Expand All |Collapse All
How can I copy files, including photos, between the phone and a PC?Connect your mobile phone to the PC with a USB cable. Select "Media device (MTP)" in the options list. Now you can see your phone's internal storage on your PC. You can access them as if they were a USB flash drive and export/import your photos and other files. For MAC OS you can go to www.android.com/filetransfer to read the information you need for transferring.
How can I turn on data so that I can log in to the internet?First, please make sure you have data in your plan with your mobile phone carrier. Open Settings, touch "More…" under WIRELESS & NETWORKS, then "Mobile networks", then put a checkmark in the box next to "Data enabled".
How can I turn off data?You can disable the data connection to prevent producing unnecessary network traffic when you don't need to connect to the internet. You can do this by dragging down the notification menu and touching "Data" or you can open Settings, touch "More…" under WIRELESS & NETWORKS, then "Mobile networks" and uncheck the box next to "Data enabled".
How can I reduce data flow?1. Turn off Auto Sync: If you have added an E-mail account, and as you update the calendar, contacts and some applications, this data will automatically be synchronized with your account. This may generate a large amount of data flow. You can turn this off by pulling down the notification menu and touching "Sync". The icon will no longer be green.
2. Prevent the browser from downloading pictures: Downloading pictures consumes a large amount of data flow. Open the browser, touch the softkey at the lower left of the phone to bring up a menu, touch "Settings", then "Bandwidth Management" and uncheck the box next to "Load images".
3. Data monitoring: Open Settings and touch "Data usage". Here you can easily view the network data flow, set a mobile data limit and set a warning in order to effectively manage mobile data usage. You can also install a third party data monitoring application on your phone to monitor data flow in real time.
How can I connect to WiFi?Open Settings and slide the WiFi button to ON. Next, touch "Wi-Fi" and it will automatically look for available networks. Select the desired wireless network, input the password if needed and touch Connect.
Will the phone switch to the mobile network if the WiFi signal disappears?Yes, the phone will automatically switch to the mobile network when the WiFi signal is weak or disappears. If are worried about paying for data, you can disable data in Settings so that it won't do data traffic over the mobile network.
How can I prevent network downloading interruption?You can connect to WiFi to prevent downloading interruption with the internet, including keeping it active when the phone goes into sleep mode. To do this, go into Settings and touch Wi-Fi, touch the softkey at the bottom left of the phone, then "Advanced", "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep", and "Never" for never sleep.
How can I share my phone's internet connection with other devices?First make sure data is enabled, then do one of the following:
1. To use your phone as a WiFi hotspot, open Settings, touch "More..." under WIRELESS & NETWORKS, touch Tethering & portable hotspot, then check the box next to "Portable Wi-Fi hotspot. To configure the security settings or edit the name of the hotspot, touch "Set up Wi-Fi hotspot". When you are finished in the box and touch "Save", the phone will begin broadcasting its WiFi network name for other devices to use.
2. To share with a computer via USB, connect your phone to the computer with a USB cable, open Settings, touch "More..." under WIRELESS & NETWORKS, touch "Tethering & portable hotspot", then put a check in the checkbox next to USB tethering. The phone will start sharing its internet connection with the computer.
3. To share with a computer via Bluetooth, open Settings, touch "More..." under WIRELESS & NETWORKS, touch "Tethering & portable hotspot", then put a check in the checkbox next to "Bluetooth tethering".
How can I install applications from computer to phone?Copy the file (must be a .apk file) from the computer to your phone, then open File Manager to find and install the application by tapping on its filename. You can also install by using a third party PC software application (Contact software supplier for more details.). Note: If you want to use an application that is not authorized by Google, open Settings, scroll down and touch “Security”, then check the box next to "Unknown sources". Please note that installing and using applications from unknown sources might cause damage to your phone or result in personal data loss or disclosure.
ManualsZTE nubia 5 User Manual (English - PDF - 207KB)
Contact SupportIf you have questions about how to use ZTE mobile devices or your device needs repair services, please contact our services hotline or email for more information.Service Hotline: 877-817-1759
Hotline Hours: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm (CST)Email ZTE