- Internet Devices
- About Us
Design Type Feature Phone Form Factor Clam Shell Height 3.7" Width 1.8" Depth 0.7" Weight 3.17 oz Color Black Display Physical Size 2.0" Resolution: Height 220 Resolution: Width 176 Technology 64K TFT Color Display Camera Main Resolution 3.0 MP Battery Capacity 900mAh Talk Time* Up to 6hours Standby Time* Up to 210hours
*Actual times vary because some features & applications may use more power
Memory Internal About 20 MB for user (64MB RAM & 128MB ROM) Networks Frequencies HSDPA/UMTS bands 1900/850 MHz; GSM bands 1900/1800/900/850 MHz; GPRS EDGE Class 10 Data Speed HSDPA 3.6Mbps Connectivity Bluetooth 2.0 Wi-Fi No USB Yes Headset Jack 3.5mm Audio & Video Audio Format MP3/AAC+/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 Messaging Features SMS, MMS, IM, Email Accessory Compatibility Hearing Aid Compliance M3/T3
Check out the latest support materials here for your device.
Download user manuals, read FAQs, and upgrade your device's software.Expand All |Collapse All
How can I master reset the Z221?Please go to Menu---Settings--Phone--Master Reset
How can I set shortcut keys in Z221?Please go to Menu---Settings--Phone--Shortcut keys
How can I set time and date in Z221?Please go to Menu---Settings--Phone--Time and date
How can I check the phone information (such as model number, IMEI, hardware version and software version）in Z221?Please go to Menu---Settings--Phone information.
How can I change the input method?In an editing screen: Press # to change the input method.
How can I input punctuation and symbols?In an editing screen: Press * to enter punctuation and symbols.
Can I use an earpiece in Z221?Yes, you can plug the headset to USB port.
Can I insert an SD card in Z221?No, it doesn't support.
How can I blacklist or block a contact?I'm afraid that this phone doesn't support the blacklist or block function.
How can I power on/off the device?You can hold the Power/End Key to turn your phone on or off.
1. Do not turn your phone on where wireless phone use is not permitted, or it could cause interference or danger.
2. Enter your PIN (Personal Identification Number) code or handset code and press the OK Key according to the prompt display of the screen.
3. The PIN code is the password provided by your network service provider. You cannot use the SIM card without it.
4. When the PIN code or handset code is accepted, the phone will search for the network automatically. After a few seconds, your phone will be in idle mode.
How many contacts can be saved in my Z221?The phone can store up to 500 items in general.
How many call logs can I store at most?You can store 60 at the maximum, including 20 missed calls, 20 dialed calls and 20 received calls.
I want to delete all the duplicate contacts at a same time, how can I do it?Sorry, you can not delete the duplicate contacts all at once and you need to select one by one to delete from the contact list.
How can I change the predictive text to the normal abc text input method?Please press menu>messaging>create message>Text>Press the # Key, you will see ZiAbc/abc/Abc/ABC/123/Language, ZiAbc is predictive text. And you can select an input method or language.
Would you please explain what is predictive text method?The predictive text method is based on a built-in dictionary and generates words from the combination of letters pressed.
1. Press each key once that corresponds to the letter you want to enter. The letters are shown on the display as they are entered. The list of candidate words changes as each key is pressed.
2. When the candidate words are displayed, use the 4-Way Navigation Key to highlight a candidate word and then press the OK Key to Select.
3. Press the 0 Key to insert a space or press the * Key to select symbols.
4. Press the Clear & Back Key to delete the letter to the left of the cursor. Hold the Clear & Back Key to delete all entered text to the left of the cursor.
How can I backup the data of Z221?The files can be backed up only through Bluetooth, because Z221 phone would not support U Disk.
How can I transfer contacts from Microsoft outlook to phone or vice versa?Z221 is a simple function phone. There is no direct way to transfer contacts from Microsoft outlook to phone or vice verse. You can transfer contacts to sim card.
How can I check the location of the incoming call?There is a city ID app on Z221,when there is a incoming call ,the screen will display the phone number and phone's city &state information, namely, it shows which city that the call comes from.
How can I navigate for reminder in Z221?The device doesn't have an application of "Reminder" but there is an option for the same function. The steps would follow as "Menu-Mystuff-Calendar-Select the date in Calendar-Add-Meeting/Memo/Anniversary". Select the particular option as you need to remind.
How can I navigate into phone to turn on/off vibrator in Z221?Press and hold # key for 2 seconds ,the vibration will be turned on. If you want to turn off the vibration, press and hold # key for 2 seconds again.
Would you please explain the function of "Missed calls alert" in the settings?1.You can go to settings-phone-Missed calls alert-off/5 min/10 min/15 min/30 min. 2.If you select 5 min for example, the if you have missed calls and you haven't check it ,a beep sound will be heard on the phone every 5 minutes.
Can I use a Bluetooth headset with the device?Yes, the phone supports Bluetooth and it could get connected to a headset.
Would you please tell me what is the 16 digit code in Z221?Its the password for unlocking the phone to use with a different service provider. To get this you need to contact the service provider.
How can I Insert the SIM (Subscriber Identification Module) Card?1. Hold the Power/End key to turn off the phone.
2. Remove the back cover of your phone.
3. Hold the SIM card with the metal contacts facing downward and the cut corner at the upper left. Insert the card into the card holder and push it until it clicks into position.
4. Replace the cover on the back of your phone.
Notes: You can obtain a SIM card from your service provider when you sign on as a subscriber.
1. Do not bend or scratch your SIM card. Keep the card away from electricity and magnetism.
2. Don’t touch the metal surface of the SIM card. Doing so could cause information on the card to be lost or destroyed.
3. Disconnect the charger and other accessories from your phone and remove the battery before inserting and removing your SIM card.
How can I Remove the SIM Card?1. Hold the Power/End key to turn off the phone. 2. Remove the back cover of your phone. 3. Gently remove the SIM card from the card holder.
How can I activate meeting mode by shortcut?From idle mode, hold the # key to activate meeting mode with vibration.
How can I use the emergency service?Emergency service numbers vary by country. It helps you get emergency service from the operator. To make an emergency call in any country:
1. Ensure that your handset is on and in service.
2. Press the End Key as many times as needed to clear the display and ready the device for calls.
3. Enter the local emergency number for your current location, for example, 911.
4. Press the Send Key to dial the number. Follow the instructions you receive and do not end the call until told to do so. When the (U)SIM card is not inserted or when the dial lock function is on, press the Right Soft Key [SOS] and then enter the official emergency number for your present location. Press the Send Key or OK Key [Call] to dial the number.
Notes: Tell the operator which service you require: Police, Ambulance, Fire Brigade, Coastguard or Mountain Rescue Service. Tell them where you are and remain stationary to maintain contact if possible. Due to the nature of the cellular system, the connection of emergency calls cannot be guaranteed. You should never rely solely on any wireless device for essential communications like medical emergencies.
How can I change the language?Press the # Key and select a language.
Would you please tell me what is the phone Password?1. For a new phone, the protection function is not activated by default, and the default password is 0000.
2. From idle mode, select Menu > Settings > Security > Activate security codes > Phone lock code to start or stop password protection.
3. From idle mode, select Menu > Settings > Security > Change security > Phone lock code to change the phone’s password. It is suggested that you change the password to something you will easily remember. Notes: Please remember the password you set. Without it your phone cannot be used normally and you will need to contact your service provider to unlock it. You may contact your service provider for more information.
Would you please tell me what is the PIN code and PUK code?A PIN code is the personal identification code used by the SIM card. Its purpose is to avoid illegal use of your SIM card. The correct PIN code should be entered when the new phone is first turned on, otherwise the phone will only be able to make emergency calls. For a new card, the default code is supplied by the service provider. If you change the PIN code, please remember the new number.PIN2 is needed for some settings. Use the same procedure as for the PIN code. A PUK code is the unlock code for the SIM card. When the SIM card is locked, you have to enter the correct PUK code and then enter the new PIN code. The SIM card can then be used normally. A PUK code can only be entered 10 times in a row. If you enter the wrong PUK code more than 10 times, the SIM card will be locked indefinitely.
Would you please tell me the default lock code?The default lock code is 0000
How can I visit a website?You can use the Mobile Web application. From idle mode, select Menu > Mobile Web.
1. From the att.net homepage, press down on the Navigation Key to highlight the address bar and press the OK Key.
2. Enter a web address and press the OK Key.
3. To access a link on a website, scroll to it using the Navigation Key and press the OK Key.
Mobile Web options:
1. Home: return to the att.net homepage.
2. Go to URL: enter a new web address.
3. Go to Search: enter search terms.
4. History: view your web browsing history.
5. Go to Bookmarks: access your list of favorite sites.
6. Add to Bookmarks: add a site to your list of favorites.
7. Reload: reload the current page.
8. Find in Page: search the page for a term.
9. Settings: adjust browser settings.
10. Help: find help and answers to frequently asked questions.
11. Exit: exit the web browser.
How can I Use the Mobile Email functions?The mobile Email function could carry your email inbox in your pocket. With Mobile Email, you can access numerous providers, including AT&T, AOL, Yahoo!, Gmail™, Windows Live™, and others. About operation:
1. In standby mode, select Menu > Messaging > Mobile Email.
2. Select the name of your email provider. The steps that follow will vary depending on your provider.
3. When you select Other Providers, you may be asked to accept terms of service and/or to select your email domain. Follow the on-screen instructions.
4. Enter your email address and password.
5. Press Sign In.
How can I receive Voice Mail?When the system sends you a message notifying you that there is a new voicemail, please press and hold the 1 Key to access the voicemail service from the idle mode. You may contact your service provider for more information on using the voicemail service.
How can I set Voice Mail?From idle mode, select Menu > Messaging > Settings > Voicemail number to check the voicemail number. Your voicemail number is preset by your service provider. You do not need to set it manually.
How can I set Speed Dial?1. In standby mode, press Menu > Address Book.
2. Use the Navigation Keys to select a contact, press the Left Soft Key [Options] and select Set as speed dial.
3. Press the Up Key or Down Key to select an empty slot.
4. Press the OK Key [Assign] to finish.
5. Press the Right Soft Key [Back] to return to the previous menu. Or press the End Key to return to the idle screen.
How can I make a Speed Dial?1. In standby mode, press and hold the corresponding number key (2 to 9) in the speed dial list to make the call.
2. Press the End Key to end the call. Note: The 1 Key is reserved for the Voicemail service.
How can I search Contacts?1. Select Menu > Address Book to view all the contacts on your phone.
2. Enter a letter, and then the phone will show all the contacts starting with such a letter. Eg: To search “John”, press the 5 Key once for ‘j’. All names starting with ‘J’ or ‘j’ are displayed.
3. Refine the search by entering a subsequent letter that can occur anywhere in the name. Eg: ‘Jn’ will find ‘John’ and ‘Julian’, but not ‘James’.
How can I add Contacts?You can store contacts with a variety of phone and fax numbers and additional address details. The phone can store up to 500 items. The capacity of the phone book on your SIM card depends on the type of SIM card provided by your service provider. The saved location is identified by the icon shown before the contacts.
1. Select Menu > Address Book > Left Soft Key [Options] > Add New Contact, and press the OK Key [Select].
2. Enter the information of contact, such as name, number, and so on.
3. Press the Left Soft Key [Save] to save the new contact.
How can I enter the Call History?From idle mode, press the Send Key to check the All calls log.
How can I adjust the Call Volume?During a call, press the Volume Keys to adjust the earpiece or speaker volume.
Would you please introduce the Call Options?During a call, you can press the Left Soft Key for more options. The options vary depending on the functions you are currently using. Hold/Unhold: Put the current call on hold or retrieve the call. End call: End the current call. Record: Record the current call. Press the OK Key to stop recording. DTMF off/on: Enable or disable the sending of the DTMF tones. Message: Switch to the Messaging menu during a call. Contacts: Switch to the Address Book menu during a call. Browser: Browse the Internet during a call.
How can I receive Calls?When a voice call comes in, press the Send Key to answer the call. Press the OK Key to answer the call with the speaker phone on. Tip: If you have connected a headset to the phone, you can press the button on the headset to answer the call.
How can I use the Address Book?1. From idle mode, select Menu > Address Book.
2. Highlight a contact and press the Send Key to call the contact.
How do I make a Voice Call??1. In standby mode, enter a phone number.
2. Press the Send Key to call the number.
SpecificsIt's BMP/JPG/GIF image; 3GP/MP4 video; MP3/AMR/WAV/ACC/ACC+ audio; USB 1.1; JAVA MIDP 2.0; MMS Video and Picture, Email, Calendar, Speakerphone, Voice Recorder, Bluetooth
Band modeIt's WCDMA 850/1900 MHz, GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHzExpand All |Collapse All
How can I extend the backlight duration of Z221?Please go to settings>display> backlight duration>5/10/15/30 seconds
How can I change the phone's font size?I am sorry, you cannot change the font size.
How can I hide time and date icon on the screen?I'm sorry, you cannot hide the icon.
How can I change the wallpaper?Please goes to Menu---Settings--Display--Wallpaper
What type of display does the Z221 have?It's a 2” TFT color screenExpand All |Collapse All
How can I turn on the speaker while on call ?While on call, just press the center key to turn the loud speaker on.
How can I Disable all alarms on the phone?Please go to Menu --> Mystuff --> Tools --> Alarms --> Turn off.
How can I set alarm clock?1. From idle mode, select Menu -- My Stuff -- Tools --Alarm.
2. Press the OK Key for Edit
Can I plug a wired earpiece into Z221 to listen to the music?Yes, you can use a headpiece on the phone.
How can I set a different ring tone for different contact?I'm sorry you cannot set in this phone.
How could I save the picture messages on my phone?Select the particular picture you want to save and tap on left soft key(option key) and select save picture.Expand All |Collapse All
Would you please tell me the pixel for the camera of Z221?The front camera: 0.3 megapixel camera, no back cameraExpand All |Collapse All
How do I install the battery??1. Hold the Power/End key to turn off the phone.
2. Remove the back cover of your phone.
3. Carefully insert the battery with the contacts located against the metal springs.
4. Push down the battery until it clicks into place.
5. Replace the cover on the back of the phone.
1. Make sure the cover is lined up before pressing it into place. Do not force it. Doing so will damage the back cover.
2. The phone automatically turns off if the battery power is too low.
3. If you are not going to use the battery for a long time, remove it from the phone and store it in a cool dry place.
How do I remove the battery?1. Hold the Power/End key to turn off the phone.
2. Remove the back cover of your phone.
3. Lift the end of the battery near the bottom of the phone to remove it.
What is the Continuous talk time of the Z221?It's about 180 minutes
How long does it take to charge the Z221?It's approximately 3 hours
What is the continuous idle time of the Z221?It's up to 200 hours
Would you please tell me the battery of Z221?It's 900 mA hours, Lithium ion (Li-ion)Expand All |Collapse All
How can I enable the Bluetooth?By default, Bluetooth is disabled on your phone. If you enable Bluetooth and turn off the phone, Bluetooth will be disabled. When you turn the phone on, Bluetooth will automatically be enabled.
1. From idle mode, select Menu > Settings > Connections > Bluetooth.
2. Set Bluetooth to On.
3. Go down to Discoverable and set it to On.
4. Go down to My Bluetooth Info and enter the phone name.
5. Press the OK Key to save the settings.
Notes: Set Discoverable to On to allow your phone to be found by other compatible devices.
How can I transfer a picture to pc through Bluetooth?We need to turn on the Bluetooth on the laptop and first match the passwords through the computer and connect both. Next we need to select the file which we need to transfer and hit Options --> Send --> Via Bluetooth, search for a Bluetooth receptor and send.
How can I receive data by Bluetooth?1. Enable Bluetooth function.
2. If the paired device tries to send a file to your phone, one popup dialogue will appear on your screen.
3. Press the Left Soft Key [Yes] to accept the incoming file, or press the Right Soft Key [No] to reject it.
How can I send data by Bluetooth?Before sending data, please confirm the following two items: • Bluetooth function is enabled. • The paired device is visible, paired, and connected.
1. Select your desired file, and select Left Soft Key [Options] > Send > Via Bluetooth.
2. Select the aim device from the device list, and press the OK Key to send.
I want to go to the menu option on the phone but when I press the right soft key, the phone goes to yahoo account, why?You have changed the Settings of the shortcuts. Please press left soft key and select settings --> Phone --> Short keys and change it.
Does Z221 support Power Off Alarm?Yes, it supports. The phone will also switch itself on by the moment.Expand All |Collapse All
Software & Apps
How can I use the HAC (Hearing Aid Compatibility) function?This phone supports HAC (Hearing Aid Compatibility) function. When you turn on the Hearing Aid Mode and use a hearing aid with a telecoil to answer the phone, it will help you hear more clearly while speaking on the phone. For more detailed information on HAC, please refer to Care and Maintenance > Turn on the HAC Setting. 1. From idle mode, select Menu > Settings > Phone > T-coil setting.
2. Select On or Off and press the OK Key for Select to confirm. Your Z221 has been tested for hearing aid device compatibility and has an M3/T4 rating.
How can I use the TTY function?Your handset is a TTY-compatible device. Simply connect the TTY equipment to the headset jack.
1. From idle mode, select Menu > Settings > Phone > TTY setting.
2. Select one of the following options and press the OK Key for Select.
①．Full: Users who cannot talk or hear may use this setting to send and receive text messages through TTY equipment.
②．Read & talk: Users who can talk, but cannot hear, may use this setting to talk through the phone and receive responses via text messages.
③．Write & hear: Users who can hear, but cannot talk, may use this setting to listen to the other party and respond via text messages.
④．Off: Users who can hear and speak may use this setting to disable TTY support.
How can I use the YPmobile?YPmobile enables user to search for local information and share results with their online network of friends. Map based search and quick access to recently viewed business and events give YPmobile users more convenient ways to find what they need. Integration with Facebook and Twitter adds to the application’s sharing capabilities by letting users broadcast their newly discovered local hot spots. In standby mode, select Menu > YPmobile. Once connected, enter the key words you want to search and press FIND to browse content. Follow the instructions to purchase the desired item.
How can I use the AT&T Social Net?Keep on top of your world with AT&T Social Net, which allows you to access the latest news as well as popular social networks—including Facebook®, Twitter™, and MySpace™— all in one place.
1. From the idle screen, select Menu > My Stuff > Games & Apps > Applications > AT&T Social Net.
2. To accept data charges if asked, select Continue. To accept the End User License Agreement, select Accept.
3. Select the social network of your choice from the top row.
4. Enter your login and password. Select Sign in. And now you are able to access your social network. Access Social Networks and Information
How can I use the Voice Recorder?This function allows you to record a voice memo. You can also set the voice memo as a ringtone.
1. From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Tools > Voice recorder.
2. Select Start to start recording your voice memo.
3. Select Pause to pause the recording.
4. Select Contin. to resume recording.
5. Select Stop to stop recording.
How can I play Videos?You can use the following method to play a video.
1. From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Video > My Videos.
2. Highlight a video and press the OK Key to play it.
How can I play Music?When you have audio files stored in your phone, you can create a playlist. This allows you to set the order in which the audio files are played. You can use the steps below to play a sound file.
1. From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Audio > My Audio.
2. Highlight a sound file and press the OK Key to play it.
How can I send a picture?1. After taking a picture, press the Left Soft Key for Options.
2. Select Send (1) and then Via Message (1).
3. Enter the recipient’s phone number(s). You can also press the OK Key for Contacts to add recipients from the Address Book.
4. Scroll down to the Text field and compose your message.
5. When you are finished typing, press the OK Key to send your message.
How can I view pictures?You can use the following method to view the photos:
1. From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Pictures > My pictures.
2. Highlight a photo and press the OK Key for Open.
How can I take a picture?Your phone has an integrated digital camera, which allows you to capture images.
1. From idle mode, select Menu >My Stuff > Tools > Camera. Or from idle mode, press the Camera Key on the keyboard to start the camera
2. Aim the camera lens at a subject.
3. Press the OK Key to take the photo; press it again to save.
Short cut to take a picture:
1. From standby mode, press the Camera Key to access the camera.
2. Line up your shot in the camera viewfinder.
3. Press the OK Key for Capture to take the photo.
How do I use the Currency Conversion tool?This feature allows you to convert foreign currency to domestic currency. From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Tools > Currency conversion.
1. Exchange rate: Enter a currency exchange rate.
2. Foreign amount: Enter the amount of foreign currency to be converted.
3. Local amount: The conversion result displays.
Tips: Press the Left Soft Key to enter a decimal.
How do I use the World Time tool?With this feature, you can check the current local time and date for major cities around the world.
1. From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Tools > World time.
2. Press left or right on the Navigation Key to view the time of desired city.
3. Press the OK Key to save the selected city time as the time setting on your phone.
4. Press the Right Soft Key to exit.
How do I use the Stopwatch tool?With this feature, you can measure time and take split times or lap times, for example, in different sports.
1. From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Tools > Stopwatch.
2. Select Start to start timing.
3. Select Stop to stop the timing during the operation and view the duration of time.
4. Select Contin. to continue timing.
5. Select Reset to reset the stopwatch.
How do I use the Tip Calculator tool?With this feature, it will be easy to calculate the tip or determine how much each person should pay in your group.
1. From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Tools > Tip Calculator.
2. Enter the total bill by using the Number Keys.
3. Type the tip amount (in percentage) you would like to leave.
4. If the cost is shared by more than one people, please enter the number of the people into the split field.
5. At bottom of the calculator, the amount you need to pay will be displayed.
How do I use the Calculator tool?With this feature, you can use the phone as a calculator. The calculator provides the basic arithmetic functions; addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
1. From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Tools > Calculator.
2. Enter the first number using the Number Keys.
3. Enter the operation for your calculation by pressing up, down, left, or right on the Navigation Key.
4. Enter the second number.
5. Press the OK Key for Equal to view the result. Tips: Press the Clear & Back Key to clear digits and results. Press the * Key to toggle the number between positive and negative. Press the # Key to enter a decimal point.
How do I use the Calendar tool?With this feature, you can use the calendar, set appointments, and view events.
1. From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Tools > Calendar.
2. Press the Left Soft Key for Options to access the following:
①．New: Add a meeting, memo, or anniversary.
②．Week view: View the schedule of the current week.
③．Go to date: Enter a date and view the scheduled events of that day.
④．Delete entry: You can choose to delete entries On this day, Before date, or All entries.
⑤．Settings: You can set the Calendar alarm tone, Default view, and Week starts on. ⑥．Memory Info: Shows the current memory usage.
How do I use the Alarm Tool?This feature allows you to set an alarm to ring at a specific time.
1. From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Tools > Alarm.
2. Press the OK Key for Edit and configure the alarm as required using the Alarm Setup Screen: Alarm Time: Set as required Alarm Type: Daily, Workday, Weekly, Once Snooze: Off, 5, 10, 15, 30 minutes Ringtone: On/Off Ringtone Type: ATT tone.mid, select Edit to change Alarm Remark: Optional Tips: If the alarm time has passed, it cannot be saved. Even if the phone is turned off, the alarm will automatically turn the phone back on so that it can ring.
How do I use the Address Book?1. From idle mode, select Menu > Address Book.
2. Scroll to the desired contact and press the Left Soft Key for more options: Call: Call the highlighted contact. Add new contact: Create a new contact. Send message: Send SMS or MMS messages to this contact. Edit contact: Edit this contact information. Delete contact: Delete this contact. Send contact info: Send this contact as a business card via MMS message. Add To Group: Add this contact to a group: Family, Friends, or Work. Set as speed dial: Set speed dial for this contact. Settings:
①．SIM management: Copy contacts to or from the SIM card, or delete contacts from the SIM card.
②．Delete multiple: Delete a batch of contacts.
③．Speed dials: View and edit the speed dials list.Expand All |Collapse All
Can I move my Z221 pictures to PC through a USB cable?I'm sorry, I'm afraid you cannot transfer like that, but you can transfer through Bluetooth.
How can I use the Instant Messaging functions?A built-in instant messaging module is offered on your phone, through which you will be able to chat with your friends in real time using your favorite instant messaging provider, such as AIM, Yahoo! Messenger, or Windows Live Messenger. About operation:
1. In standby mode, select Menu > Messaging > IM.
2. Upon the first use, select the name of your instant messaging provider, and then press OK. The remaining steps will vary slightly for each provider.
3. Select the screen name field and then enter your screen name/email/ID.
4. Select the password field and enter your password.
5. Use the Navigation Key to move down and press Sign In.
6. Select the name of a contact that is currently online.
7. Enter your message, and then select Send IM.
How can I use the Message Templates?1. From idle mode, select Menu > Messaging > Create message.
2. Move to the Text field and select Options > Template.
3. Select a template and press the OK Key to insert the template.
How do I change the Message Settings?From idle mode, select Menu > Messaging > Settings to change the MMS/SMS/ Templates settings.
1. MMS Settings (Multi. msg. setting) Retrieval Settings: You have two choices:
①．Automatic: Retrieve the new multimedia message automatically without selecting the notification message and receiving.
②．Manual: Retrieve the new multimedia message manually.
2. Time per page: Set the play time of each page.
3. Anonymous Msg.: You can choose to accept or refuse anonymous messages.
4. Connections: Please consult the service operator for detailed information.
5. PUSH Message: You can accept or reject PUSH messages.
6. SMS Settings (Text msg. setting)
7. SMS center number: Service center number given to you by your service provider.
8. Template Setting (The phone has 10 templates for SMS/MMS, and you can edit them.)
What are the Message Folders?The Inbox folder contains all of your received messages. In this folder you can view your received messages and reply to them or forward messages to another recipient. The Outbox folder contains all messages that were not sent during the last attempt. In this folder you can edit or resend your messages. The Sent folder contains messages that were sent successfully. From this folder you can edit or forward messages to another recipient. The Drafts folder contains drafts and unfinished messages. In this folder you can complete or resend your messages.
1. You cannot receive new messages if the message memory is full.
2. The total amount of space available for saving messages is determined by the space available on the phone and SIM card.
What are the Message Options?While viewing the contents of the Inbox, press the Left Soft Key to access the following options, which apply to the highlighted text message:
1. Reply: Reply to the message.
2. Call Sender: Call back the originator of the message.
3. Save number: Save the originator’s number to your Address Book.
4. Delete: Delete this message.
5. Lock/Unlock: When the message is locked, you will not be able to delete it.
6. Forward: Forward this message.
7. Sort: Select to sort the messages by time or read/unread.
How can I view a Message?The message envelope icon will appear on the information bar to identify you that you have received a new message. Press the OK Key twice to view the message. Or from idle mode, select Menu > Messaging > Inbox to check your messages.
How can I send a New MMS Message?1. Select Menu > Messaging > Create Message, and press the OK Key [Select].
2. Enter the recipient’s number. Or press the OK Key [Contacts] to choose the recipient(s) from your address book.
3. Press the Down Key to the text field.
4. Edit the message. Press the Left Soft Key [Options] and select Insert to insert pictures, audios, or videos on your phone; meanwhile, you can also take a picture, record an audio, or a video to insert.
5. Press the OK Key [Send] to send your message.
Notes: To save an unfinished message, press the Left Soft Key for Options and select Save to save it to the Drafts folder. Messages in Outbox and Drafts folder can be edited and sent.
What types of messages does Z221 have?Your phone provides the following message types:
1. Text Messages (SMS)
2. Multimedia (Picture) Messages (MMS)
3. Instant Messages (IMs) The Short Message Service (SMS) lets you send and receive text messages to and from other mobile phones and email addresses. To use this feature, you may need to subscribe to your service provider’s message service. The Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) lets you send and receive multimedia messages (such as picture messages) to and from other mobile phones and email addresses. To use this feature, you may need to subscribe to your service provider’s multimedia message service.
How can I record a Video?1. From idle mode, select Menu -- My Stuff --Tools -- Camera--option-- Press left/right Navigation Key till "switch to video camera" option--press OK.
2. Press the OK Key to start recording.
3. Press the OK Key to pause.
4. Press the OK Key for Continue to resume recording.
5. Press the Right Soft Key for Stop to stop recording.
6. Press the OK Key for Save
ManualsAT&T Z221 User Manual (English - PDF - 1.18MB)
Software UpdatesNo updates are available at this time.
Contact SupportIf you have questions about how to use ZTE mobile devices or your device needs repair services, please contact our services hotline or email for more information.Service Hotline: 877-817-1759
Hotline Hours: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm (CST)Email ZTE